CNET Editors' review
Musicians who create their own songs may need an application to track their collaborations. TuneSmith for Mac allows these users to monitor copyright, deadlines, and submissions of their original songs, but it lacks additional capabilities that would be welcome with this type of application.
Installation of this freeware program was complicated because the downloaded folder had several files that could be installed, although it eventually loaded quickly once the proper one was selected. A formal tutorial would have been a good addition, since TuneSmith for Mac's menus were difficult to interpret. The three main menus divide the program according to talent, songs, and what is called a "pitch journal." In the talent area, users can enter the names and contact information of musicians with which they are working on original songs. The song catalog area allows for entry of track information, as well as the role each contributor is playing in its creation. Audio can also be included in this section. The pitch journal also allows for notations and deadlines for following up. The menus have good graphics and function well. The program would be a great addition to a recording or editing program, but as a standalone application, it feels incomplete.
TuneSmith for Mac is bug-free and performs well. Certain users who need to track their music compositions will find it useful, although other users will probably find its usefulness limited.
Feed your artistic fire with the essential songwriting companion featuring an advanced lyrics editor, a comprehensive copyright tracker and a versatile pitch journal. Efficiently manage all important information about your copyright registrations, co-writers and potential cover artists. Pitch your hottest tracks and breathe new life into smoldering classic tunes with a pitch journal capable of emailing accurate copyright and licensing information with a single click. Stay on top of different demos and album cuts and quickly capture memorable melodies with an intuitive audio recorder. Fan the flames of inspiration by running TuneSmith alongside Rhyme Genie and rekindle emotions of past writing sessions with a complete rhyme clipboard history and trackable lyrics revisions for each song in progress. Have full access to your valuable song catalog at any time and run TuneSmith free of charge on as many computers as you like.
What's new in this version:
- A chord sheet editor with a chord dictionary has been added: A new chord sheet editor, which offers the same style and format features as TuneSmith's lyrics editor, can add professionally formatted chord symbols with matching guitar chord charts to your lyrics. An integrated chord dictionary allows you to look up the notes, fret positions and intervals of over 4800 chords and can be used to maintain an unlimited number of custom chord charts.
- TuneSmith's interface has been refin... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Make your fantasy football draft feel like an NFL draft.
- Improve system-wide audio quality.
- Flutter is Kinect for Mac. It uses HAND GESTURES detected via b...
- View thousands of online TV shows, streaming channels, videos, ...
- Make and add ringtones to your iPhone.
- Disketch is a free CD and DVD disc labeling software for Mac.
- Collect fan contact information at shows.
- Disguise your identity or voice for online games and chats.
- View and organize your maps, waypoints, routes, and tracks and ...
- Improve speed and accuracy on any instrument.
- Simple application for writers.
- Transcribe recorded music.
- Design, edit and publish stunning documents.
- TVMOBiLi DLNA media streamer.
- Solve plot and character problems when writing a story.
- Writer's studio: outline, edit, storyboard, write.
- Create realistic drum tracks for virtually any type of song.
- Record your voice, display pitch in graph, and identify problem...
- Manage stories, publishers, submissions, alerts, sales, expense...
- Train your guitar skills.
- Meme generator: quickly create catchy image captions.
- Write, arrange, print, play music.
- Video search engine and the easiest way to access full-length v...
- Track everything to do with recording sessions.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content