CNET Editors' review
Musicians who create their own songs may need an application to track their collaborations. TuneSmith for Mac allows these users to monitor copyright, deadlines, and submissions of their original songs, but it lacks additional capabilities that would be welcome with this type of application.
Installation of this freeware program was complicated because the downloaded folder had several files that could be installed, although it eventually loaded quickly once the proper one was selected. A formal tutorial would have been a good addition, since TuneSmith for Mac's menus were difficult to interpret. The three main menus divide the program according to talent, songs, and what is called a "pitch journal." In the talent area, users can enter the names and contact information of musicians with which they are working on original songs. The song catalog area allows for entry of track information, as well as the role each contributor is playing in its creation. Audio can also be included in this section. The pitch journal also allows for notations and deadlines for following up. The menus have good graphics and function well. The program would be a great addition to a recording or editing program, but as a standalone application, it feels incomplete.
TuneSmith for Mac is bug-free and performs well. Certain users who need to track their music compositions will find it useful, although other users will probably find its usefulness limited.
Feed your artistic fire with the essential songwriting companion featuring an advanced lyrics editor, a comprehensive copyright tracker and a versatile pitch journal. Fan the flames of inspiration by running TuneSmith alongside Rhyme Genie and rekindle emotions of past writing sessions with trackable lyrics revisions and a rhyme clipboard history for each song in progress. Quickly capture memorable melodies with an intuitive audio recorder and look up the notes, fret positions and intervals of thousands of chords to add professionally formatted chord symbols with matching guitar chord charts to your lyrics. Efficiently administer the writer splits and copyright registrations of your songs and manage all important information about co-writers, studio musicians and cover artists. Pitch your hottest tracks and breathe new life into smoldering classic tunes with a versatile song pitch journal.
What's new in this version:
- The functionality of the chord sheet editor has been expanded: You can now generate chord sheets in the Nashville Number System format.
- The song catalog printouts have been expanded: You now have the option to print legally binding songwriter split sheets from within your song catalog.
- The graphic interface has been optimized: A handful of interface issues have been corrected. A bug that could prevent chord charts from being printed correctly after you have impor... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Make your fantasy football draft feel like an NFL draft.
- View and organize your maps, waypoints, routes, and tracks and ...
- Make and add ringtones to your iPhone.
- Improve system-wide audio quality.
- Flutter is Kinect for Mac. It uses HAND GESTURES detected via b...
- View thousands of online TV shows, streaming channels, videos, ...
- Disketch is a free CD and DVD disc labeling software for Mac.
- Disguise your identity or voice for online games and chats.
- Make your Mac an optimal media center by using nessMediaCenter ...
- Edit, arrange, present and transfer or stream internet and priv...
- Transcribe recorded music.
- Traditional film scheduling and budgeting features.
- TVMOBiLi DLNA media streamer.
- Create stunning call sheets with a dozen different templates to...
- Make your fantasy basketball draft feel like a simulated NBA dr...
- Record your voice, display pitch in graph, and identify problem...
- IPod music copier & playlist rebuilder.
- Entertainment for groups that like to play games of chance.
- Precise beat and other timing information for music.
- Train your guitar skills.
- Numerology software for chart calculation, prediction and compa...
- Identify songs playing on radio through a microphone.
- Meme generator: quickly create catchy image captions.
- Collect fan contact information at shows.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content