CNET Editors' review
Troll is a basic fantasy game in which the player, acting as the troll, defends helpless villages from an onslaught of Orcs. Despite the game's unsophisticated graphics and basic tasks, we found it surprisingly addictive.
The publisher's description of Troll promises "a beautiful fantasy adventure," but we wouldn't go that far. The graphics are basic and a bit silly. Users choose a village from a map and are then taken to the playing area, which was more or less the same in each level we tried; in the foreground, the village, in the background, the evil castle and a fire-spitting dragon, and in between the two, you, the troll. The troll can move side-to-side and can swing his sword or use his shield. And that's really the extent of the game's controls. You're in one place, fighting the bad guys to the death. In spite of this very basic setup, the game is surprisingly fun to play. The object of the game is to destroy the castle by deflecting the dragon's fireballs away from the village and aiming them toward the castle instead. At the same time, users must fight off a variety of creepy creatures that issue forth from the castle. It's a simple game, and we were initially unimpressed with it, but the more we played, the more we liked it. Users who don't expect too much out of it will likely enjoy it very much. An online Help file explains the game's basics.
Troll has a 60-minute trial period. It installs desktop icons without asking and leaves a folder behind upon removal. We recommend this game to all users.
From Rake in Grass:
Became a brave troll warrior and save little humans from orcish tyranny in a beautiful fantasy adventure. The quest will take you through six lands from green plains, across the mysterious swamps and desert, through snowy mountains and dark horror forest to the terrible wasteland, the home of orcs. You will have to defeat many foes and face hideous and powerful creatures to finally fight the freedom for peaceful people.
More Products to Consider
- Add new cars and new scenery to Vice City.
- Give Tommy Vercetti a new wardrobe.
- Get behind the wheel and own the streets from dusk til dawn.
- Play the latest continuation of Super Mario 3: Mario Forever.
- Try both single-player and multiplayer modes in this illicit st...
- Build anything you can imagine with blocks.
- Update The Sims 3 to v1.6.6.002002.
- Play online shooting hunting outdoors game with tournaments and...
- Place falling marbles into one place.
- Drive your truck across America and build your own business emp...
- Find multiplayer gaming sessions on the net.
- Purchase, download, and play video games.
- Challenge yourself with this Age of Empires sequel.
- Test and run DOS based games on a DOSBox graphical environment.
- Scan and clean up your registry to improve your system's perfor...
- Play an arcade aviation simulator dedicated to the events of WW...
- Put characters in awkward poses, create your own wheeled vehicl...
- Translate words, full texts, Web pages, and complete documents ...
- Play match3/puzzle game with dynamics.
- Play 425 solitaire versions, from classics like Klondike to his...
- Play GTA:Vice City online or via LAN connection.
- Archive files in different formats and manage them.
- Generate the most number of words from a given set of letters.
- Showcase various prizes on the screen.
All versions:3.4 stars
out of 5 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"I like it very much because it is so challenging !"
The graphics are so clear !
"the all right but takes a bit of time"
funny graphics challenging levels
very very long
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: