TreePad SAFE is an intuitive and powerful Word Processor, PIM and personal database, only 1340 Kb in size. It allows you to store, encrypt and password protect all your notes, emails, texts, and hyperlinks into one or multiple databases. With the look and feel of the familiar Windows Explorer (file manager), editing, storing, browsing, searching and retrieving your images and data can not be easier. TreePad SAFE can run directly from an external/USB disc, if necessary, including data. To find any article you previously created or imported, you can browse the tree, in the same way as you browse directories/folders in the Windows Explorer. You can also use the powerful internal search engine.
What's new in this version: Version 8.0.1 has improved the installer now contains new and state-of-the-art folder dialogs and added digital signatures.
More Products to Consider
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Convert Adobe PDF file to MS Word file format.
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Access, edit, and manage databases and create documents.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Create and manage your invoices, quotes and manage inventory an...
- Create and manage databases with graphical interface.
- Create, view, edit and share word, spreadsheet and presentation...
- Manage SQL databases with graphical interface.
- Find and remove duplicate files, photos, songs, or e-mails easi...
- Create, manage, and collaborate with others on presentations.
- Create and manage the membership database for any Chamber of Co...
- Save time and have your PC cleaned, optimized, and protected fo...
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
- Export all the images from your PowerPoint presentations.
- Clean up icon clutter on your desktop.
- Edit, format, organize, store, search, and encrypt different ki...
- Create and print handouts on PowerPoint.
- Read e-books and other digital books on your computer.
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Study physicochemical and thermophysical properties of various ...
All versions:3.3 stars
out of 3 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-3 of 3
"The best program I ever used"
Version: TreePad SAFE 7.7.1
Easy to use, trouble-free and efficient. The program is portable: I often use it on other computers. It's on a USB stick. I plug it in, then I run it directly on any other computer without needing to installing anything
I can't think of any cons at the moment.
Highly efficient program. In my job as a teacher I need to store so much information (encrypted!) and of course I need to be able to locate it fast when I need it. At my job (a school), I often need to run it on other computers using my USB stick. TreePad SAFE does this job extremely well, I am so happy I found it!
"Quirky and buggy with TERRIBLE support."
Version: TreePad SAFE 7.6.1
Could be a good product if developed by different programmers/publishers. But "support" TERRIBLE.
Quirky operation, numerous bugs. TERRIBLE "support" provided only resentfully, if at all. Report that Tree outline expand and collapse hot keys do not work brought response, "We already made too many revisions to the product." Well, EXCUSE me!!!!
This software promises more than it delivers. The product design is ambitious, but the programmers appear to be in over their heads.
There are numerous bugs, and program operation is often quirky. The interface is not especially intuitive. Cumulative effect of bugs and non-operational promised features made program progressively less useful for me. The software is promoted as a tool for professional writers. I am a professional writer and finally grew tired of trying to find workarounds for the product failings. Too much wasted time and reduced productivity.
Worse is the TERRIBLE "support." Said support is provided resentfully, even arrogantly, if at all. The last straw for me was my report that the hot keys alleged to expand and collapse Tree outline pane do not work. (Actually, they work sometimes, but affect other key operation when they do, indicating a bug.) THIS IS AN OUTLINING PROGRAM. SAID HOT KEYS ARE NOT SUPERFLUOUS TO PROGRAM OPERATION.
Response from Tech Support: "We already made too many updates to that program. You can use the menu. You don't need hot keys. You are bothering us over something not necessary." Gosh, pardon me for asking you to do your job! (I am not making this up. I can provide their emails.)
I am using the top of the line TreePad X Enterprise edition. One would think the publisher would be anxious to support, troubleshoot, debug, etc. its flagship version, but FreeByte apparently has other priorities.
I admit, I've submitted quite a few bug reports, tech support has kept records of my requests, and makes it clear they are weary of hearing from me. Tough. I report only real bugs and issues that render the program less useful to me than I bargained for. If the programmer or publisher carefully tested its own product, I would not have so much to report. Requesting working hot keys to expand and collapse the outline in an outlining program is not an over-the-top request.
Tech support also recently assailed me for downloading offered free upgrades. Good grief, it was the publisher's choice to offer the upgrades! if it doesn't want users to have them, don't offer them!
This could be a very useful program if developed and published by a more conscientious developer. As it exists, it's okay if you're willing to live with a significant number of faults and compromises that will likely never be fixed. I adjudge it satisfactory for students and casual use, but don't be fooled by the promise that it is a professional writing tool.
"Useful but there are free alternatives"
Version: TreePad SAFE 7.6.1
1) the tree-style organization
2) Ability to export subtrees to HTML
3) Secure encryption of personal data or even graphics
4) Fast searching throughout a tree
Slow to load, not free
I started using TreePadSAFE when I needed a secure way to store unstructured information in an organized way, and used it for a long time. I still use it for some things but for everyday note-taking I've switched to OneNote, with its automatic backups to cloud storage. OneNote loads faster, automatically supplies a Web page link where appropriate, offers near-instantaneous blank notes that never get lost, and in other ways is more handy.
That said, I still use TreePadSAFE for collections of info that need to be more formally organized, since OneNote by comparison is nearly unstructured and is MUCH slower when searching for specific instances of a term.
For everyday use, OneNote is faster and handier. For tree-structured collections of free-form notes and clips, such as attributable quotes or program registration data and anything else that needs quick searching as well as secure storage, I prefer to use TreePadSAFE despite its slow start-up.