CNET Editors' review
TreeDraw enhances family trees imported into the program from "Kith and Kin Pro" databases or from GEDCOM files produced by other genealogy programs. Once you import your family tree data into TreeDraw, you can add text, photos, and graphics to the file or combine family trees.
TreeDraw's interface is easy to navigate and use. The Help file automatically launches the first time you open the program. It offers tutorials on getting started with TreeDraw as well as a PDF version of the user manual. TreeDraw is a great application for genealogy buffs who have family data saved in "Kith and Kin Pro" or GEDCOM databases. People who are just getting started with computer-based genealogy won't be able to get anywhere with the program unless they purchase or have access to a program that can save their family data in one of these formats. TreeDraw has features that "Kith and Kin Pro" users will appreciate. The ability to add notes, graphics, and text to family trees is especially handy. With these options, you can add photographs of family members and expanded details that won't fit into the standard tree layout. TreeDraw's Export option saves files in PDF format, too, so you can easily print and back up your data.
This is a 30-day trial version of TreeDraw. It installs and uninstalls without complications. Full functionality requires access to "Kith and Kin Pro" databases or GEDCOM files. If you're a researcher, historian, family archivist, or genealogy buff, TreeDraw is worth exploring.
TreeDraw produce family tree drop-line charts from existing data stored in Kith and Kin Pro V2 or other GEDCOM-capable genealogy programs. Once imported you can rearrange your chart, add pictures, graphics and extra text, combine multiple trees in the same chart. Options allow you to control which data to import and how it is laid out.
What's new in this version: Version 4.1.1 is a bug fixing release.
More Products to Consider
- Create an illustrated genealogy book from GEDCOM files, jpeg im...
- Look up words in thesaurus and dictionary from almost any progr...
- Hear the Athan (Azan) automatically five times a day at each pr...
- Store information on your genealogy tree.
- Create and view a family tree with notes and other details.
- View your real-time physical position on moving Google Map.
- Build a genealogy tree using scanned photos.
- View satellite pictures, maps, terrain, buildings and other glo...
- View, read, and convert EPub e-books.
- Read King James Bible on your PC.
- Discover how to type and improve your typing.
- Collect GPS data from various GPS trackers simultaneously.
- Discover your family history and build your family tree.
- Evaluate mathematical equations, generate graphs from equations...
- Learn touch-typing with a program that dynamically adjusts trai...
- Manage all aspects of a school's student administrative system.
- Get English and Sinhala definitions with technical terms glossa...
- Search and read the Quran in different languages.
- Capture every bit of information about the history of your fami...
- Get an English too Bangla dictionary.
- Convert Kindle Mobi, AZW, PRC books to ePUB format to read Kind...
- Get full control over your text documents.
- Display Quran in Uthmani script with many options and settings ...
- Get reminders about prayer time.
All versions:3.5 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"I love this software"
Version: TreeDraw 3.2.1
I use TreeDraw all the time, even for drawings which are nothing to do with genealogy! It's the only program I have found where you can move the tree bits around wherever you like.
Takes a bit of getting used to.
"Didn't like it."
Version: TreeDraw 2.21
The applicatiom was not simple enough and I couldn't generate a tree.