CNET Editors' review
Leanmap's Excel worksheets help busy people apply lean management techniques to nearly any business. Translean is a set of free worksheets for reducing waste and costs in a wide range of business processes, including transportation, labor, inventory, defects, and production. While most of its worksheets are free, it also includes a couple of try-only tools from the Pro version. We tried it in Office 2010.
Clicking any of Translean's worksheets opens Excel directly, but be sure to extract the zipped download to a familiar directory so you'll be able to browse quickly to it from inside Excel. As we've found with Leanmap's other products, Translean's worksheets are clear, crisp, and professional in appearance and layout, with lots of information available in the form of the provided example data (in blue) as well as balloon tips. Most include charts and diagrams as well as tabular data. We opened the 10-Point 5S Checksheet, the 4M+3M Checklist, the Lean Diagnostic Tool, and others, though we have to admit we were hardly experts when we began. But we've used many Excel worksheets, and we know a competent tool when we come across one. And in any case, Leanmap's worksheets work like any other Excel templates; simply save a copy and replace the data with your own. What you do with it is your business (or, more specifically, determined by your business) but you won't have any trouble with the spreadsheets. Translean also includes the Cost of Quality Calculator and Kanban Designer Database, two "pro" worksheets from the paid upgrade, which lets users see what's available without forcing them to pay for it. We think most users will know when it's time for more advanced tools than the freeware package offers.
Lean processes were once innovative, but in lean times, they're essential. Leanmap Translean shows how even small businesses and other (all-too-lean) enterprises can benefit from mature, proven processes, and inside a familiar enterprise environment, Microsoft Excel.
Lean for Microsoft Excel includes over 20 worksheets to reduce transportation, inventory, motion, waiting, overproduction, overprocessing, defects, and unused skills. Reducing the eight wastes makes a business lean and efficient. It includes Waste-Calculator (Muda), Workplace-Organizer (5S), Load-Leveler (Heijunka), Lean Charter, Lean Auditor, Efficiency Calculator (OEE, OPE), Value Stream Map (VSM), Kanban-Designer, Project-Report, and more. Its structured layout makes the tool intuitive and user-friendly; practical application examples help first-time users to get familiar with Lean techniques. Translean" is available in two versions: (1) FREE tool pack contains a full set of basic tools and (2) PRO tool pack contains advanced tools for experts, available on www.leanmap.com. Start saving money and from higher efficiency with Translean.
What's new in this version: Version 1201 has updated tools.
More Products to Consider
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Reclaim drive space quickly, by getting rid of space-wasting fi...
- Get a comprehensive library of 4500 sample business letters and...
- Learn about cellulite and how to prevent it.
- Prepare any business documents from 6000 professionally written...
- Reduce spam level tracing and reporting spammers to their Inter...
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Make telephone calls from your PC to a landline or mobile phone...
- Transform PDF documents to Excel documents.
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Create professional customized math worksheets.
- Manage personal finances, reduce wasteful spending, increase sa...
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Compress and share all your media files with your friends.
LEGAL NOTICE: This link will take you to a third-party website. Downloading copyrighted materials without authorization or providing others with copyrighted materials for them to download without authorization may put you at risk for legal action under copyright law in the United States and other countries. CNET discourages the use of software for any unlawful purposeSponsored Products
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- Reduce the hassles associated with coding ADO.NET.
- Develop, compare, and edit Oracle objects.
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
- Use different languages in building and developing your Web sit...
- Convert audio files among WMA, MP3, OGG, and WAV formats.
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content