CNET Editors' note: The "Download Now" link directs you to the product page in the online Android Market. The application can directly be downloaded and installed on the registered Android device from your PC, or you can download it from the Android Market on your Android device.
CNET Editors' review
Many business-oriented people use Android. TouchDown for Android serves a very specific and valuable purpose for these users. It connects the Android device with the Microsoft Exchange service and enables the device to access secure business files and contacts. It also separates those secure business files from the personal files on the device. With this app, users are able to utilize one device for both business and personal use.
TouchDown for Android comes as a free 30-day trial. Download and setup of the app are fairly straightforward, but some users may find it a bit tedious to initially sync their Exchange account. The user interface is very clean and easy to read. The overall use of the program is very intuitive and the functions work perfectly. Contacts, SMS, e-mails, and other files are recognized with no apparent compatibility issues. While the program can weigh down the CPU performance, that can be expected for such an extensive application. In general, this app is stable, runs very smoothly, and enhances security of your device to a great extent.
Users will find this program useful if they are currently on the Microsoft Exchange network with their workplace. It will not only create a secure platform for their work files, but it will also separate their personal files from those of their business. All users who fit this profile should give TouchDown for Android a try.
TouchDown runs on your Android phone, and provides you with the ability to receive and send e-mails, manage your contacts, view your appointments from your company's exchange server. It connects directly to your company's exchange server and downloads new e-mail, your contacts or new or changed appointments.
What's new in this version: Version 7.0.0012 improved Contacts list view and included support for WaveLink MDM.
More Products to Consider
- Read Word, Excel, and PowerPoint files on Android devices.
- Create, view, and edit .DOC, .DOCX, .XLS, .XLSX, PDF and .TXT o...
- Create, view, edit, and share documents on android phone or tab...
- View, edit, and remotely access Microsoft Office documents, inc...
- View PDFs on your Android smartphone as you would on your deskt...
- Create, share, and keep all your stuff in one place.
- Carda The Widget.
- What Will You Pic?.
- What is AVTECH EagleEyes-lite ?AVTECH EagleEyes-lite is a free ...
- Instantly supersize faces on your Android device.
- Paytm brings you an awesome recharge experience on the move. No...
- Recast is the best way to customize weather and widgets on your...
- Calculate complex equations with this scientific calculator for...
- SuperCam is a professional mobile phone client software for dig...
- Protect your privacy and ensure security while using your Andro...
- Access documents from virtually anywhere.
- Download and save video from popular wed sites.
- Check Lost / Stolen / Blacklist / Barred iPhone IMEI In case yo...
- Avoid mobile radiation in real-time with tawkon. tawkon monitor...
- Open DOC, DOCX, TXT, XLS, XLSX, CSV, PPT, PPTX, PPS, PPSX, and ...
- Get the yellow car out of the traffic jam.
- Zombie Dash combines the timeless appeal of arcade games with s...
- Look up prices and product reviews by scanning barcodes.
- Record and manage all your confidential account information.
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"The Microsoft Exchange Support that Droid Forgot"
Version: TouchDown for Android 5.0
The Droid exchange mail and calendar support on the native client that comes with the phone does not meet many corporate security requirements and simply wont work. Touchdown is a one stop program that provides full connectivity and security.
I really havent found any downside yet.
As I stated before, corporate and government exchange administrators tend to cringe at Android and IPhone access to their servers. The native client on my Droid will not pass the security features required by our exchange servers. Touchdown has those features available including password requirements and PIN settings as well as all of the other exchange requirements. Also, there is a remote kill feature in the application as well. My calendar, contacts, email all work flawlessly.