CNET Editors' reviewWhile it serves as a quick way to hone aim and timing, the majority of people will quickly tire of Torpedo's one-dimensional gameplay. The plot is ultrabasic: you simply drop bombs on submarines to achieve a high score. The brightly colored submarines move at different speeds, and hitting the fastest one certainly isn't easy. However, that's pretty much the extent of what this program offers. You won't find a single customization option, and the survival-mode game is disabled by the trial version. The cartoon-style graphics are pleasant, but we're not really sure they suit the game's destructive nature. The explosion sound effects are just as repetitive as the gameplay and you won't be able to turn them off. Children may have a good time with this game, but it won't do much for most other folks.
From Optical Realities:
Torpedo builds upon the gameplay of the classic arcade game, Depth Charge. The aim of the game is to destroy submarines by dropping torpedos and depth charges onto them. A good eye and steady aim are all that is required to play Torpedo.
More Products to Consider
- Add new cars and new scenery to Vice City.
- Give Tommy Vercetti a new wardrobe.
- Get behind the wheel and own the streets from dusk til dawn.
- Play the latest continuation of Super Mario 3: Mario Forever.
- Try both single-player and multiplayer modes in this illicit st...
- Build anything you can imagine with blocks.
- Update The Sims 3 to v1.6.6.002002.
- Play online shooting hunting outdoors game with tournaments and...
- Place falling marbles into one place.
- Drive your truck across America and build your own business emp...
- Challenge yourself with this Age of Empires sequel.
- Test and run DOS based games on a DOSBox graphical environment.
- Play an arcade aviation simulator dedicated to the events of WW...
- Put characters in awkward poses, create your own wheeled vehicl...
- Create your own video games and upload them to the web.
- Play 425 solitaire versions, from classics like Klondike to his...
- Play GTA:Vice City online or via LAN connection.
- Play simulation games helping people learn while being safe, yo...
- Showcase various prizes on the screen.
- 5 completely free original solitaire games.
- Play 12 solitaire card games on your PC.
- Play a free RPG indie game.
- Chart the Serpens Sector, discovering ruins, aliens, and advent...
- Add new features to your Red Alert 2 game.
All versions:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1