From Town Compass:
Spanish translations for every situation!
Whether you're a traveler, student, teacher, native speaker, or just curious, you will find this database fast, comprehensive and extremely valuable.
There are 3 ways to navigate for translations:
1) FingerpointÂ® alphabetical Index, which lists all of the subcategories together for faster browsing. The Graffiti Quick-Find Autoscroll feature is available here -- while in the Index, just use the Palm OS Graffiti strokes in the Graffiti area to quickly jump to the subcategories beginning with the selected letter.
2) Search feature; tap on the Search icon while in the Database (magnifying glass icon in the lower right of the Graffiti area on Palm OS devices, binoculars icon at the bottom of the screen on Pocket PC devices), and a search box will appear. Just type in the word (English or Spanish!) you want to find and tap OK to begin the search. You'll get a list of matches that you can tap on to immediately jump to the selected translation.
3) A three-layer Subject Hierarchy with an intuitive breakdown of categories. Categories include:
- Emergencies, including Help, Hospital, and Police
- Basic Communications, including Common Verbs, Colloquialisms, Directions, Greetings, Introductions, Questions, Telephone, Internet & Email, and Post Office & Mail
- Banking, including Banks, Credit Cards, Currency, and Travellers Cheques
- Numbers & Colors
- Plants & Animals
- Relations, including Pronouns, Family Names, Relationships, Feelings & Emotions, and Invitations
- Restrooms & Hygiene
- Times & Dates, including Time, Dates, and Holidays & Festivals
- Education, including Books, US to Metric Conversion, Metric to US Conversion, Schools, and University Studies
- Cultural Activities, including Church & Religion, Cinema & Theatre, Museums & Galleries, and Music & Dance
- Media & Photo, including Bookstores, Newspapers, Photo & Video, and Television & Radio
- Nightlife, including Bars, Disco & Music, and Tobacco
- Shopping & Clothing, including Shopping Terms, Clothing Terms, Clothing Size & Fit, Shoe Sizes, Suit Sizes, and Jewelry
- Sightseeing & Tours, including Sightseeing and Tours & Excursions
- Sports & Leisure, including Beach & Pool, Golf, Hiking, Soccer, and Sporting Events
- Food & Drink, including General Food, Table Setting, Breakfast Menu, Lunch & Dinner Menu, Drinks, and Grocery Stores
- Restaurants & Cafes, including General Restaurants, Reservations, Ordering, Payment, and Cooking Methods
- Health, including Anatomy, Doctors, General Health, Hospitals & Clinics, Pharmacy, Symptoms, and Women's Health
- Accomodations, including Hotels, Hotel Reservations, Youth Hostels, Camping, and Laundry
- Travel, including Air Travel, Countries, Luggage, and Safety
- Ground Transport, including Auto/Car Rental, Bicycles, Bus, Motorcycles, Road Signs, Taxi Cab, and Train & Subway
- Passports & Customs, including Passport & Visa, Customs, and Embassy
- Water Travel, including Ferries/Boats and Miscellaneous Boats
Each listing includes:
- English Word/Phrase
- Spanish Word/Phrase
- Spanish Pronunciation
Improve your communication skills with native Spanish speakers. Get the Instant Immersionâ?¢ Spanish Phrases Database today!
What's new in this version:
Updated to be compatible with new version of DataViewer.