CNET Editors' review
Links, links, and more links are the basis of this search engine optimization toolbar. However, it doesn't offer any of its own tools to help you gauge your site's rank or optimize it for search engine rank. The ToolbarBrowser Firefox SEO Toolbar is a browser add-on with three primary pull-down menus for pay-per-click engines, SEO tools, and keyword research sites.
This is an easy add-on to learn because the toolbar itself does little. It simply presents links to both free and paid SEO tools. You can click to view keywords on a page, but most are links that just open a new tab to access sites such as Google Adwords, Competitive Intelligence, and Wordtracker. It also lists a few SEO forums, but these are merely links to external sites, not forums sponsored by the publisher. The help file is just a complete list of the links the toolbar offers.
If you're interested in Web site SEO, this toolbar may link to some helpful sites. If you're looking for some hands-on tools, this free Firefox extension has little to offer.
The SEO Toolbar is fully customizable. You can change its location easily from the options menu and even move it down on to the statusbar. There are several different views available, including icons and text, icons only or page ranks only (PageRank, Alexa Rank and PI Rank). See the screenshots for examples of different views. Server header view and search engine view are handy tools for any web developer or SEO. Server header view will help you identify any security risks or issues with your webserver. Search engine view can be used to help optimize your webpages for search engines.
What's new in this version: Version 1.2.4 is a bug-fixing release.
More Products to Consider
- Display linked pages and search the Web in Composite Page mode.
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Get a comprehensive library of 4500 sample business letters and...
- View search results visually in a protected environment.
- Prepare any business documents from 6000 professionally written...
- View thumbnails of Web sites on Google and Yahoo search results...
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Search the Web quickly with more than 100 search engines.
- Transform PDF documents to Excel documents.
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Search information on the Web using different search engines an...
- Get various tools for protecting your computer and Web browsing...
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Store data of visited pages to protect your privacy.
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- Add a toolbar to your Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Surf and search the Internet and block pop-ups.
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
- Search without having to retype your search terms at each searc...
- Search easily in Monster's large database of jobs from any Web ...