CNET Editors' review
In the Greek Orthodox religion, every day of the year is a nameday, dedicated to a saint or martyr. Each day has its associated feasts, celebrations, traditions, and so on, most ancient, and some actually predating Christianity, surviving from the days of Classical Greece. It's a lot to keep track of. Fortunately, modern technology once again helps maintain ancient tradition. Today Greek Calendar from Xarka Software displays all the Greek Orthodox namedays, feasts, and more, such as facts and lore from Greek history and culture ranging from antiquity to modern times. It has a lot of extras, too, such as extensive astronomical data. You can add your own dates, set countdowns to dates and events, and otherwise use it like any calendar or daybook.
Today's interface is a neat little expandable dialog affair that you can customize, resize, and relocate. Clicking on any of the thin tabs expands Today's contents. It has some particularly thoughtful options, such as latitude and longitude settings to guarantee accurate astronomical data. Of course, you can choose either English or Greek text. Another nice feature is the way it ties in with Windows email applications like Outlook and Outlook Express to help you celebrate namedays. It searches your Contacts folder and displays all your friends and relations with names that fall on certain namedays, so that you'll always remember to wish them "Hronia Polla."
Today Greek Calendar is free, but there's also a paid version that adds features like the ability to create and print custom calendars.
From Xarka Software:
"Today" shows every day all name days, religious and historical information and lots of astronomical data. You can also add your own dates, countdows and much more.
The application also works with Outlook, Outlook Express and Windows Mail showing all your contacts that have a name day and their phone number.
More Products to Consider
- Clean up icon clutter on your desktop.
- Bring back the Windows "Start" menu to Windows 8.
- Customize the look and feel of the Windows desktop interface wi...
- Return the Windows 7 style Start menu to Windows 8.
- Set unlimited numbers of alarm clocks on Windows.
- Enhance your desktop with different widgets.
- Enable clock with countdown, reminder, stopwatch, and desktop s...
- Get dock with live icon reflections and speed up access to your...
- Place favorite Web links, program shortcuts, and widgets on a f...
- Add and remove features to your system.
- Give your Windows 7, XP, or Vista cursor a wide range of effect...
- Personalize your Windows 8/8.1 start and lock screens with your...
- Set up a timer with countdown mode, an alarm clock, and a stopw...
- Wake up to this alarm clock that has a different alarm for each...
- Manage family genealogy information and design charts and repor...
- Export data from MS Outlook to CSV text files.
- Store genealogy information about your family.
- Export data from Microsoft Outlook to CSV text files.
- Create and stick electronic notes on your Windows desktop.
- Backup important Outlook Express data and securely keep them on...
- Write everything you want to in a daily diary.
- Help Aqua solve the underwater puzzles by pushing the red flash...
- Provide the information about nearest events.
- Take a backup of your outlook data on USB device.