CNET Editors' note: The "Download Now" link directs you to the product page in the online Android Market. The application can directly be downloaded and installed on the registered Android device from your PC, or you can download it from the Android Market on your Android device.
CNET Editors' review
With the use of time-lapse photography one can capture weather, traffic, or other slow-moving action and create amazing videos. Time-Lapse Lite for Android allows the user to capture entertaining videos but does not deliver the high-quality images generally seen on today's mobile devices.
At less than 1MB Time-Lapse Lite for Android is a very small application. It installs instantly and the user is able to take videos without the hassle of an advanced setup or registration. The user interface is well designed and easy to read. Intuitive controls are highlighted in white while the background remains in a dark black color. The image intervals can be adjusted in one second increments to adjust the smoothness and duration of the finished video. The playback rate can also be adjusted to further enhance the duration of the finished video. During the filming, a small viewfinder displays the recorded images, allowing the user to properly aim the camera. The completed video is saved as a QuickTime video file and can be posted to social media sites such as Facebook or YouTube. The finished video quality is not very good, though. The resolution of the recorded video is only 176x142. On today's devices this is simply an unacceptable resolution.
Users who are looking to explore time-lapse photography may find Time-Lapse Lite for Android very entertaining. However, users looking for a high-quality method of capturing these videos will be disappointed. The resolution is terribly low and the user interface lacks any advanced adjustments such as color, brightness, contrast, or even a flash control.
Time-Lapse Lite for Android allows you to shoot video that plays back at up to 30 frames per second at resolutions ranging from 176x144 up to HD 2048x1536 . Results vary from device to device. Time-Lapse Lite for Android videos are saved directly as .mov files on your Android device, and may be uploaded to YouTube or played back with VLC media player.
What's new in this version: Version 1.4 can edit the frame rate after recording a Time-Lapse movie and is incompatible with some devices.
More Products to Consider
- Access the mobile video search site on your Android device.
- Turn your Android device into the second monitor for your PC or...
- Manage and play your media on the Android device.
- TV.com delivers the best of TV right to your phone all for free...
- Watch thousands of XFINITY ON Demand TV Shows & Movies anytime,...
- Play multiple video formats on your smartphone.
- Watch 15-second video status updates captured on your smartphon...
- Capture and create amazing videos to share across all of your f...
- Play popular file formats on your Android, including AVI, FLV, ...
- Upload, manage, and watch your videos right from your mobile de...
- Shoot your own time lapse videos on your Android device.
- Download and share videos across Android, PC, and Web.
- Capture unforgettable moments and share them with your friends ...
- Browse and playback content stored on your Windows PC's PowerDV...
- Create video ringtones to send to friends when you call them.
- Capture time-lapse and slow motion videos automatically.
- Turn your Android phone into a vehicle black box.
- Get an Android application to allow you to trim lengthy videos.
- Use your existing UPnP or DLNA software and devices from your A...
- Watch the live streaming videos on your Android device.
- Select a folder of images and create Android movies you can sha...
- RecForge is a dictaphone that records high quality wav, mp3 or ...
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content