From The Ur-Quan Masters Team:
The Ur-Quan Masters is a GPL port of the 3DO port of the DOS version of the classic video game Star Control II. It is based on the source code and game resources released by Toys For Bob in 2002. Explore the galaxy and engage in thrilling space battles with this game that combines strategy and action in a unique universe.
What's new in this version:
- Added the missing bits to the no-voice versions of Mycon, Syreen and Utwig dialogue
- New lander reports for Supox ruins and Ultron. The reports text is new content from TFB.
- Added spoken Slylandro probe coordinates
- Remixes are now selectable from the setup menu
- Added a "safe mode", which will ignore settings. Useful if you've somehow wrecked your configuration files.
- Added --addondir commandline option
- Added --ke... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Add new cars and new scenery to Vice City.
- Give Tommy Vercetti a new wardrobe.
- Get behind the wheel and own the streets from dusk til dawn.
- Play the latest continuation of Super Mario 3: Mario Forever.
- Build anything you can imagine with blocks.
- Update The Sims 3 to v1.6.6.002002.
- Play online shooting hunting outdoors game with tournaments and...
- Place falling marbles into one place.
- Drive your truck across America and build your own business emp...
- Play a point-and-click adventure game set in the 1960s.
- Wage war against hostile alien forces who are about to infiltra...
- Challenge yourself with this Age of Empires sequel.
- Test and run DOS based games on a DOSBox graphical environment.
- Blow up enemy tanks online or with friends.
- Play an arcade aviation simulator dedicated to the events of WW...
- Put characters in awkward poses, create your own wheeled vehicl...
- Explore the Liberty System and access bases and flyable ships.
- Move, hit, and split your stones in this 8x8 square boardgame.
- Play 475 solitaire versions, from classics like Klondike to his...
- Show a Taskbar on every monitor or span a wallpaper image from ...
- Play GTA:Vice City online or via LAN connection.
- Play an extension of the classic Battleship game, in which ship...
- Showcase various prizes on the screen.
- Wage war in team-based combat.
All versions:3.8 stars
out of 60 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Version: The Ur-Quan Masters 0.7.0
Excellent update of the old early 90's classic!
Battles are very difficult - maybe that was just me - but you can just let the AI fight them instead!
The first Ive found game hosted on this site that is:- a) not a f***ing poxy demo version (even when the site says it's "free" game) and b) is not a total and utter pile of crap and c) is not a virus riddled malware or adware piece of crap!
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: