With the introduction of genetics, you can control your sims over a lifetime and pass their sims DNA down from one generation to the next. The sims evolve by genetically passing on physical and personality traits. Create and play your own virtual sitcom by choosing one of five different aspirations: Popularity, Fortune, Family, Knowledge, and Romance. These aspirations in life cause your sims to have wants and fears. Will you give them a long successful existence or leave their life in shambles?
The Sims 2 also opens up endless new creative possibilities. Make your own sim films with the new movie-making feature. Create the cast, set the stage, take control of the camera and capture your own screenplay in action. Zoom in close with the new camera to see every last detail.
What's new in this version:
- Fixes several issues with text cursors including auto-repeat
- Fixes issue where English neighborhood strings were replaced if the game was started in another language
- Fixes crash when Sims have babies and several other potential crashes
- Fixes color problems with certain in-game objects
- Fixes issue with game freezing if sim catches on fire while not in view and the 1st person camera is used
- Improved frame rates, particularly o... See all new features »