From Talking Clipboard:
Talking Clipboard is a text to speech software, that can read text documents, RSS feeds and webpages using realistic synthetic voices and can convert text to audio files for your music player. It has lots of useful features, and supports all SAPI 5 compliant voices. It can read text from any application using clipboard and can read a large number of native document formats directly, like: ePub, PDF, DOC, RTF, HTML, TXT. You can also convert large number of text documents to audio WAV or MP3 (with ID3 tags) files, using batch command line conversion or GUI tools. In Talking Clipboard, you have full control over reading like Play/Pause/Stop, jump to next or previous paragraph or line via menu or media remote or keyboard media buttons. It supports highlighting of currently spoken word and allows you to define alias or IPA pronunciation for any word, for better clarity of spoken text. Other features include bookmarks, spell correction, text manipulation using regular expressions, RSS reader, Wordnet dictionary, talking reminder, Drag & Drop support, etc. It has been fully tested and certified against any spyware, adware, malware or viruses.
What's new in this version: Version 184.108.40.206 includes a new audio and text file splitter. Added Calibre library and Ogg Vorbis, OpenOffice ODT files support.
More Products to Consider
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Convert Adobe PDF file to MS Word file format.
- Convert text in to audio files.
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- Experience text-to-speech technologies in many ways.
- Read text aloud and save the spoken speech as mp3 and wav audio...
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Batch convert your text files into audio formats.
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Convert text to speech from any document format.
- Create, view, edit and share word, spreadsheet and presentation...
- Hear text read aloud from various sources.
- Listen text and e-books using free server based text to speech ...
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
- Create, manage, and collaborate with others on presentations.
- Read aloud text with natural voices Included and convert text t...
- Listen to books, news reports, e-mails, Web articles or create ...
- Convert your PDF files into various image formats.
- Convert text into spoken words to listen to your documents inst...
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Hear the contents of the clipboard on hotkey press and convert ...
All versions:3.0 stars
out of 3 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-3 of 3
"Best eBook reader, read PDF and ePUB books, love this."
Version: Talking Clipboard 220.127.116.11
Can read almost all formats like PDF, ePUB
Can read web pages and have Firefox plugin.
Costly and No additional voices shipped.
"OK for short articles"
Version: Talking Clipboard 18.104.22.168
Does a decent, if not great, job of pronouncing most words. Very stable and reliable in that way.
It's delivery is herky-jerky. The pauses are just not right.
Ok for short text items, annoying for longer.
"ok if free; but crashes; dishonest didn't say it cost"
Version: Talking Clipboard 22.214.171.124
I downloaded it from a Google search - seemed okay, had nice features (e.g. Firefox toolbar, ability to have multiple pages of data to be spoken, etc. And the 15 day trial - longer, I might have mistakenly bought voices from elsewhere pre-disinstall!
Crashes - Exit does not work, 3 times to cancel the error report. Options not saved between sessions. Language selection did not work. This was using the latest version 126.96.36.199. DISHONEST - web site had no indication of 'free trial, pay to use."
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content