Tabkeys lets you assign custom keyboard shortcuts for common tab actions in Safari. Available actions are: open a new tab, close the current tab, reload the current tab, switch to the next or the previous tab, move the current tab to the left or to the right. For each action, you can assign up to three characters as shortcuts (including ones that you type in combination with the Shift or Option key). For example, you could assign lowercase "w", uppercase "W", and Ã??Ã?Â§ (Option+C) to Close Tab. Only character keys are supported, either alone or in combination with Command, Option, and/or Shift. Not supported are special keys such as Home, PageDown, NumLock, and the arrow keys. Tabkeys has a setting that determines where new tabs go when you open them using your chosen hotkey. You can opt to have new tabs open to the right of the current tab, to the left, or at the end of the tab bar. (Note that this setting does not affect tabs that are opened using any of Safari's built-in methods.) Another Tabkeys setting determines which tab becomes active when you close a tab using your chosen hotkey. You can opt to have the left tab or the right tab become active. (Note that this setting does not apply when you close a tab using any of Safari's built-in methods.)
What's new in this version: This release adds support for using the Delete and Del (forward delete) keys as action hotkeys, although not as place hotkeys. I also made Delete the default hotkey for the "Go Back" action.
More Products to Consider
- Surf the Web, block pop-ups, and keep spyware at bay with a lea...
- Beta channel of Google's web browser.
- View Flash content in your Web browser.
- Download a new, fast browser.
- Explore the web using Google's super-fast browser.
- Connect with friends, preview search results, and get website u...
- Alternative Web browser with server-side compression for slow c...
- Browse the web comfortably.
- Check out the latest beta of the next Firefox update.
- Create a whitelist of your favorite cookies & more.
- Web browser.
- Firefox browser in an early development stage that is unstable,...
- Combine powerful browsing with media downloading and sharing.
- Browser plugin to view rich multimedia web content.
- Access Facebook without a web browser.
- Search the web items and products, price drops, in stock, daily...
- Ever forgotten to earn cashback when shopping online? Not anymo...
- Rich media content plugin for the web.
- Use SeaMonkey on your PowerPC/G4/G5 laptop or desktop.
- Safari extension to enable right-clicking images to find out wh...
- Web browser with Mozilla's rendering engine.
- Retrieve an image, video, sound or style sheet from your Safari...
- Track your time on the Internet.
- Adds a tab button to Safari's interface.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content