(Note: TSclientX is also available for PowerPC Macs as a separate download)
TSclientX is a Remote Desktop Protocol (also known as Windows Terminal Services) client for Mac OS X. It appears to be a native Mac OS application, but is in fact an assembly of open-source software working in concert to provide functionality similar to Microsoft's Remote Desktop Connection. Additionally, TSclientX offers an integrated VNC Viewer and SeamlessRDP support. Audio and file redirection for RDPv5 sessions are supported.
What makes TSclientX interesting compared to other Mac RDP Clients?
- SeamlessRDP makes it possible to run individual applications on your Mac rather than a full Windows desktop.
- Multiple instances of TSclientX can be easily started and run concurrently.
- Stability and speed on Intel Macs (and PowerPC Macs for that matter) has been found by many to be superior compared to the official Mac RDP client.
The most interesting ingredients are:
An open source RDP client for Windows NT Terminal Server and Windows 2000/2003/Vista Terminal Services, integrating Cendio's SeamlessRDP technology
A frontend for rdesktop and other remote desktop tools
Virtual Network Computing
A cross platform audio library with CoreAudio support.
The GUI uses an optimized GTK+ build, specifically compiled for TSclientX. Like most Unix-derived software on the Mac, Apple's X11 is required. There are no other prequisites. It will not interfere with MacPorts or Fink installations already on your system.
What's new in this version:
- Added Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard Support
More Products to Consider
- 802.11 WiFi wireless scanner and connection manager.
- Wireless sniffer & scanner that uses monitor mode and passive s...
- Serve media to PlayStation 3's or other UPnP devices.
- Remote control any Mac over the internet within seconds.
- IPsec VPN client (login required).
- Find and map 802.11b/g/n wireless networks.
- Get instant secure access to your computer and its programs and...
- Auto connect to Wi-Fi hotspots which need username & password.
- Arrange multiple computers into one secure network.
- Connect to remote Windows desktops.
- Enterprise/standard edition database server.
- Cocoa front-end for SSH, SFTP and SCP.
- Make configuring your Apache Web Server, DNS, and FTP simpler.
- Display machines, Mac users, IPs on the local network.
- Network administration and security testing utility.
- For the uninterruptable power supplies (UPS).
- Send keyboard and mouse events to a remote machine and see the ...
- Internet phone with clear voice quality.
- Update the firmware on your Apple AirPort Extreme Base Station.
- Learn more about your Mac, right from your Mac OS X Dashboard.
- Manage your system and software.
- Remote control to manage Macs.
- Development library to port standard *nix cgi to Mac OS.
- Execute shell scripts upon sleep, wakeup, idleness.