(Note: TSclientX is also available for PowerPC Macs as a separate download)
TSclientX is a Remote Desktop Protocol (also known as Windows Terminal Services) client for Mac OS X. It appears to be a native Mac OS application, but is in fact an assembly of open-source software working in concert to provide functionality similar to Microsoft's Remote Desktop Connection. Additionally, TSclientX offers an integrated VNC Viewer and SeamlessRDP support. Audio and file redirection for RDPv5 sessions are supported.
What makes TSclientX interesting compared to other Mac RDP Clients?
- SeamlessRDP makes it possible to run individual applications on your Mac rather than a full Windows desktop.
- Multiple instances of TSclientX can be easily started and run concurrently.
- Stability and speed on Intel Macs (and PowerPC Macs for that matter) has been found by many to be superior compared to the official Mac RDP client.
The most interesting ingredients are:
An open source RDP client for Windows NT Terminal Server and Windows 2000/2003/Vista Terminal Services, integrating Cendio's SeamlessRDP technology
A frontend for rdesktop and other remote desktop tools
Virtual Network Computing
A cross platform audio library with CoreAudio support.
The GUI uses an optimized GTK+ build, specifically compiled for TSclientX. Like most Unix-derived software on the Mac, Apple's X11 is required. There are no other prequisites. It will not interfere with MacPorts or Fink installations already on your system.
What's new in this version:
- Added Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard Support
More Products to Consider
- 802.11 WiFi wireless scanner and connection manager.
- Wireless LAN site survey.
- Serve media to PlayStation 3's or other UPnP devices.
- Wireless sniffer & scanner that uses monitor mode and passive s...
- Graphical user interface for OpenVPN.
- IPsec VPN client (login required).
- Remote control any Mac over the internet within seconds.
- Find and map 802.11b/g/n wireless networks.
- Get instant secure access to your computer and its programs and...
- Enterprise/standard edition database server.
- Discover and manage networks.
- Cocoa front-end for SSH, SFTP and SCP.
- Secure Apple Remote Desktop and VNC client.
- Connect to remote Windows desktops.
- Access any PC and Mac via remote desktop.
- Arrange multiple computers into one secure network.
- Access and control your Mac from a tablet, phone or a PC.
- Auto connect to Wi-Fi hotspots which need username & password.
- Integrated solution for NMR processing.
- Terminal bookmarking and launching for Telnet, SSH, FTP, SFTP a...
- Remote access using IPSec or SSL VPN.
- Execute shell scripts upon sleep, wakeup, idleness.
- High-end mail server app.
- View and manage memory usage in the menu bar.