CNET Editors' reviewWe can see how this nicely designed shooter could be quite addictive, although it's hard to get the hang of the tricky gameplay given the demo's short, three-use trial. In Sure Shot 3D, you control two troopers stranded behind enemy lines who must fight their way out. The characters stand on either edge of a bomb line, which can be detonated when a foe approaches. However, unless the enemy are directly in front of your weapon, you'll wind up wounding your fellow soldier, which can be frustrating, especially since you can't actually move your men to another location. If you're playing in the training mode, you can alter the time of day in which the battle takes place, choose between two bomb types, and select the number and type of enemy soldiers. Still, we wish you could apply such customization options in the campaign mode. We did find both the graphics and music well done, although we think three uses isn't enough to allow most users to get a good feel for the game or to decide whether the program is worth a registration. Still, experienced fans of shoot-em-'up games might give Sure Shot 3D a try.
The 2D original of this game was hailed as a gem by PC Utilities magazine. Now Sure Shot is back with a brand-new 3D campaign. The concept harkens back to the good old days when games were simple but addictive (and so challenging you could barely get past the first level). For the uninitiated, the game casts you as two soldiers stranded on an island full of hostile enemies with only one way to survive.
Execute your risky Sure Shot tactics in 25 stages and see if you can come home with a few medals. Demanding perfect judgment and cooperation, a win will certainly be well deserved.
What's new in this version: More professional installation file.
More Products to Consider
- Add new cars and new scenery to Vice City.
- Give Tommy Vercetti a new wardrobe.
- Get behind the wheel and own the streets from dusk til dawn.
- Play the latest continuation of Super Mario 3: Mario Forever.
- Try both single-player and multiplayer modes in this illicit st...
- Build anything you can imagine with blocks.
- Update The Sims 3 to v1.6.6.002002.
- Play online shooting hunting outdoors game with tournaments and...
- Place falling marbles into one place.
- Drive your truck across America and build your own business emp...
- Challenge yourself with this Age of Empires sequel.
- Test and run DOS based games on a DOSBox graphical environment.
- Put characters in awkward poses, create your own wheeled vehicl...
- Play an arcade aviation simulator dedicated to the events of WW...
- Innovative puzzle game.
- Play 425 solitaire versions, from classics like Klondike to his...
- Play GTA:Vice City online or via LAN connection.
- Participate in real helicopter combat and sense the genuine bat...
- Showcase various prizes on the screen.
- Wage war in different time periods.
- Play modern remake of classical Jezzball and Qix.
- Play 12 solitaire card games on your PC.
- Play a free RPG indie game.
- Plunge your body into a fully interactive world and explore a g...