CNET Editors' review
Whether you're new to this numbers game or already hooked, Sudoku1 offers numerous ways to play. There are some challenges to the dated interface, but the actual game screen looks fine and you can customize it nearly anyway you want. The biggest downside wasn't its utilitarian design, however; it was the background music that played with no apparent way to turn it off.
When you open Sudoku1 for the first time, you need to choose between French and English. You're then presented with a small but somewhat confusing array of options divided into Championship Mode and Free Game. As far as we could tell, both were free. The difference is that Championship games were automatically loaded once you picked a category such as Normal or Kids, while Free Game offers access to catalogs of games and allows you to create your own. Some of the English translations throughout the game weren't as clear as they could have been, which made it a bit hard to understand the categories and the purpose of each game, although the Help file proved to be detailed and useful in most cases. But all this aside, once you get to the grid, the gameplay is very good. If you choose the Kids category, the grids are filled with images, not numbers, a good way to introduce young ones to the game. A packed toolbar at the top of the grid lets you enlarge text, change its color, and alter nearly everything else on screen. It looked like something from an Access database. We left the default settings, just dragging the screen to easily resize the grid into the more typical square-shaped cells.
Sudoku1 lacks the polish of some of its competitors, but it shines where it really matters -- in its games. If you're a Sudoku fan, or want to give it a try, ignore the surroundings, mute your audio, and dive into Sudoku1.
Sudoku, a fascinating game but also a software for you : SUDOKU1 @NKH 2013. Grid generation, game, solution proposal, search of all solutions, score. Grids 4x4 to 16x16. Varients. For Children and Expert. A software to play on its PC and stretch neurons.
Sudoku1 is a Sudoku freeware for Windows PC. It includes: Grids of size 4x4 to 16x16; Up to 12 grids linked simultaneously; Grid Generation; Grid Scan; Optimization of Grid to get worst difficulty; More than 50 Variants; Catalog of More than 2000 grids with the ones form Word Championships 2006 to 2013. 7 Game Play Modes (Championship, Kids, Triple, Quick, Rapidoku,...); Display for Kids with Animated Images; All solutions of the Grid; Help you to solve your grids.
What's new in this version: Version 5.0 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Add new cars and new scenery to Vice City.
- Play 12 solitaire card games on your PC.
- Give Tommy Vercetti a new wardrobe.
- Get behind the wheel and own the streets from dusk til dawn.
- Play the latest continuation of Super Mario 3: Mario Forever.
- Try both single-player and multiplayer modes in this illicit st...
- Build anything you can imagine with blocks.
- Update The Sims 3 to v1.6.6.002002.
- Play online shooting hunting outdoors game with tournaments and...
- Place falling marbles into one place.
- Drive your truck across America and build your own business emp...
- Puzzle maker & solver.
- Convert PDF to Word, Excel, text, images, HTML and Flash.
- Challenge yourself with this Age of Empires sequel.
- Test and run DOS based games on a DOSBox graphical environment.
- Watch weather just like the view from the window.
- Play an arcade aviation simulator dedicated to the events of WW...
- Put characters in awkward poses, create your own wheeled vehicl...
- Create mods and add-ons for your version of Half-Life and show ...
- Play 475 solitaire versions, from classics like Klondike to his...
- Play GTA:Vice City online or via LAN connection.
- Mix and blend photos and create photo manipulations.
- Measure and understand lag-related problems in your games.
- Showcase various prizes on the screen.
All versions:3.5 stars
out of 4 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-4 of 4
"Good easy to use"
Version: Sudoku1 4.0
Able to choose no of grids a good bonus. Great for beginners to use.
Interface seems childlike
You can go up to quite complicated large grids and also select by sliding the level of numbers incuded down to super easy ones. Interface is very childlike (to me, anyway) and am still exploring. So far have not found any realy help on it but still exploring. Good all round freebie and great for beginners to lear on.
"This version has a lot of grid size + variants..."
Version: Sudoku1 2.1
Great. Easy to use and with very difficult grids, including the one of world championship
+ a funny play for kids
Version: Sudoku1 1
This isnt that special just seems to be plain pain in the butt.
"Excellent Sudoku game with mouse only access"
Version: Sudoku1 1
a lot of functions for search and solve
the use of the mouse to enter numbers
the help with methods
only grid 9x9