CNET Editors' note: The "Download Now" link directs you to the Android Market where you must continue the download process. This download may not be available in some countries.
CNET Editors' review
Street View for Google Maps brings Google's incredible Street View feature to your smartphone's Google Maps app. Like the regular version, it lets you take a virtual stroll down a large (and ever-growing) database of the world's streets. You can turn around, change directions, and zoom in, all while viewing high-resolution images of the actual buildings, trees, and street scenes you'd see if you were there in person. But the Android app is actually easier to use than the desktop software.
Street View doesn't have its own icon but is integrated with Google Maps. To access it, simply search for a location or long-press any site on the map and tap the thumbnail. If a Street View is available, it pops up. To navigate, simply place the Pegman figure where you want to go. With a few swipes of your finger you can rotate the view, and tapping moves you down the road. It's actually a much more intuitive and user-friendly control than using the mouse in the desktop version, which is perfect for this app because it adds an incredibly useful and unique feature to an essential app, Google Maps. Travelers have never had a tool like this, and that goes for armchair travelers, too; if you haven't used Street View for virtual tours of interesting places around the world or around the block, you are seriously missing out. Is something happening on the news? See where it's happening. Can't tell apartment buildings apart? Street View can. Looking for a nearby bar? This app will steer you straight. Of course, not every street has been photographed by Google's 3D camera cars (yet). From the Eiffel Tower to Grant's Tomb, though, Street View covers it.
Google Maps Street View might be the best Android app ever (just ask an iOS user). If your Android phone or device didn't come with it, get it. You'll be glad you did the next time you're semi-lost. A quick search will orient you like no flat map ever could: Just compare the Street View to your actual view. You'll find yourself.
New! Street View smart navigation -- move around by dragging "Pegman" where you want to go.Try Street View on Google Maps to view street-level imagery from your phone.To use Street View, open Google Maps, search for a place or long-press the map, and tap the Street View option.Recent changes:Bug fixes.Content rating: Low Maturity
What's new in this version: Bug fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Download the latest release of Google Maps, and never carry a p...
- Track the location of your mobile and phone and local networtk ...
- Mumbai Train timetable,Bus routes,Auto & Taxi fare on your mobi...
- This application is an OBDII ECU diagnostics tool that uses a b...
- Premium turn-by-turn GPS navigation app.
- FREE on-board maps & directions.
- Get to know your car with the premier OBDII diagnostic software...
- Track whereabouts of your family members without alerting them.
- Instantly translate over 50 languages.
- Display your GPS and sensor data on your Android device.
- Explore the world from the palm of your hand with Google Earth.
- This application is for booking your train tickets in Indian Ra...
- This app goes blip-blip by pressing the virtual car lock key. I...
- Help you to find the best flight on your Android device.
- App with 100 Success Phrases or keywords for many topics focusi...
- Search address and see the street view of the address.
- This is not affiliated with Google Inc.This app gives you links...
- Get the GPS navigation tool for your Android device.
- Give you one number for all your phones.
- Google Bookmarks for Android!.
- Live and scheduled timetables for buses, trains and ferries in ...
- Schedules the next metro, tram, RER, Transilien, bus, Noctilien...
- Search for hotels, restaurants, cheap flights & more - wherever...
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content