CNET Editors' review
This is a combined review of both Sticky Password (Win, Android, iOS) and Sticky Password Desktop (Win only). Sticky Password supports cloud syncing across multiple devices (Win, iOS, Android) and requires an annual subscription with a free 30-day trial, while Sticky Password Desktop, only supports Windows, and will continue to work past the 30-day trial but limits the number of accounts users can manage to 15.
Design: Sticky Password has a clean look that will fit in well with the Windows 8 interface. The intuitive layout of the main application allows you to manage your information without having to rummage through settings. The browser-specific add-ons and extension let you quickly access and launch log-in tools such as virtual keyboard and password generator with just a few clicks.
Functionality: Minus the initial setup stage, Sticky Password does a good job of working behind the scenes. What most great password managers (or security programs, in general) have in common is how well they can stay out of your way. This app didn't intrude upon daily activities and only draws your attention when it needs to. Security is the industry standard AES-256 bit encryption and Master Passwords are stored, locally. Sticky Password's staff will not be able to help you, should you lose your Master Password. Both paid versions of Sticky Password will also allow the creation of a portable USB drive that you can take on the go and will let you log in securely from any computer.
Price: At $19.99 per year, Sticky Password can be a hard sell for most. Unless you have a very active online life with multiple accounts across many different Web services, most regular users will pass on shelling out a Jackson to remember their passwords. If you do a lot of online business or banking, where time is money and security is non-negotiable, Sticky Password will be a great service to have. Getting access to your data, instantly and securely, across multiple devices is what you're paying for. If you're mainly a desktop user, the free version of Sticky Password Desktop, featuring 15 accounts, is more than adequate for most.
Third-party Support: The desktop program makes a decent attempt to support third-party app integration with services that have their own clients. Skype, DropBox, and iTunes work well; but services like Steam (a gaming app) are still absent. We are looking forward to even more expanded support in the next version.
The new Sticky Password 7 finds itself leading the pack in log-in management with synchronization across multiple devices. Sticky Password allows you to do more work and be bothered less by nagging log-ins and unfilled forms. Sticky Password's unobtrusive nature means that it stays out of your way. Intuitive controls allow you to access all of your account, quickly. Sticky Password takes security seriously with a comprehensive set of tools (Virtual KB, PW Generator) and government level AES-256 bit encryption. Creating a mobile PIN allows you to quickly access your log-ins on mobile devices without having to enter in the complicated Master Password. At $19.99, the asking price will be a little steep for most but we expect Sticky Password to be a hit among users with large online presences and those who do business over the Web.
From Lamantine Software:
Speed up and secure online transactions with Sticky Password 7. You get anytime, anywhere login and form-filling that's both safe and automatic, thanks to strong password creation, management and synchronization across all your devices. Keyloggers can't read your input, so your sensitive personal information is safe from hackers. One license secures access for all your devices.
What's new in this version:
- Czech localization
- synchronization algorithm fixes (9114, 9107 errors)
- support for new Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
- StickyAccount credentials are stored in the registry instead of the database
- one common location for logs
- fixed Avast Sandbox compatibility
- stability improvements
More Products to Consider
- Login everywhere automatically, so you'll never need to remembe...
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Download and exchange files safely, enjoy games and Web surfing...
- Guard your Windows PC from malware and Internet based attacks.
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Scan and remove the deepest malware that your antivirus/antiSpy...
- Detect and remove spyware, malware, rootkits, trojans, hijacker...
- Protect your PC against viruses, spyware, Trojans, worms, rootk...
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Modify locked Microsoft PowerPoint 2007/2010/2013 presentations...
- Store your credentials securely via sophisticated encryption.
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Secure desktops and lock computers on the network.
- Watch all critical system activities, optimize performance.
- Protect PC from viruses, Trojans, worms, buffer overflows, zero...
- Protect yourself from infected sites.
- Keep all your notes protected and easy to reach.
- Mask your E-mail address, phone number, or credit card in Firef...
- Download free audiobooks from the LibriVox and Internet Archive...
- Store your passwords, URLs, e-mail addresses, and personal note...
- Protect yourself from infected sites.
- Capture, record, broadcast, and remotely monitor computer deskt...
All versions:4.3 stars
out of 34 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"great tool for today's multi-accout market"
Version: Sticky Password 22.214.171.124
Its good! Its secure, and stable.
not too many thing i can say about the cons. nothing comes to mind
Download it try it for 30 days
Version: Sticky Password 126.96.36.199
Always May favorite
No Cons. No Problem found.
I Love Sticky Password Manager Pro because it includes all i need.Sticky Password Manager Pro makes for a very comfortable way to store login credentials for both web and application accounts, as well as important details.
T- Top Level technology used for protection.
I- Includes all what i need.
C- Comes with fabulous features.
Y- Yes i need this.
P- People's Best.
A- Allow me to get myself Secure.
S- Surprised with it's good Security.
S- Shining Star.
W- Winning Performance.
O- Original Quality.
R- Realtime Security.
D- Developed with Happiness.
M- My Favorite.
A- Accepted by Millions Users.
N- No one can beat this.
G- Generation Technology used.
R- Ready to be used bu me and all.
R- Right product for me.
O- Ours right to have it.
Updated on Nov 20, 2013
Online synchronization works across multiple devices (Windows, Android and iOS) and can occur automatically or whenever the user so desires. All information is encrypted locally and transmitted securely into the cloud.
We can create a portable version out of it in order to carry the application on removable devices. The built-in password generator can create strong countersigns, and the virtual keyboard lowers the risk of input details being captured by spyware.
GUI Interface is New and User Friendly.
I like Mobile Version Too. Very Cool.
Overall ratings 100/100.