CNET Editors' note: The "Download Now" link directs you to the Android Market where you must continue the download process. This download may not be available in some countries.
CNET Editors' review
The bottom line: A great perk for Spotify devotees with Premium accounts, Spotify Mobile allows mobile streaming and offline playback of your favorite music.
Spotify's free mobile app is a cinch to set up. Provided you're signed up for a Spotify Premium account ($10 a month), all you need to do is type in your log-in and password, and your favorite music and playlists automatically populate the screen. Spotify users without Premium accounts may log in to the app and look around, but are prevented from streaming or syncing music.
Spotify Mobile's user interface is simple and unobtrusive. Your starred tracks and playlists are listed, along with your inbox and local music collection. Dive into a playlist and you'll see options to take the listed music offline, shuffle playback, edit the playlist order, share the playlist with others, or open the playlist up for collaboration.
The four persistent tabs running across the bottom of the screen let you quickly jump between playlists (the default view), song search, What's New (new and top songs), and settings. Any currently playing song is shown with full-screen album art, with basic track controls and buttons for "hide" and "more info."
Features and support
Just like the desktop software, Spotify Mobile's big trick is its search box, which points you to full song streams of almost any reasonably popular artist, song, or album in existence. You can't get The Beatles, but we had no problem finding greats like The Rolling Stones and David Bowie, as well as obscure indies such as The Ghastly Ones or Four Tet.
Put simply, you tell it what you want to hear, and it plays it for you, provided that you're coughing up $10 for Spotify's Premium plan. It doesn't play something similar to the song you want (like Pandora), or a 30- to 60-second clip of the song you want (like iTunes)--it plays you the whole song or album, just as if it were in your personal music collection, commercial-free.
Of course, there are a few other bells and whistles that make Spotify its own special thing. Integration with Facebook and Twitter allows you to easily share music discoveries with friends. More importantly, the app also allows you to cache your favorite music and playlists for offline listening.
Fans of Spotify's full desktop software may be disappointed to see that not all of the software's capabilities have made it over to the mobile app. The What's New tab is limited to a bite-size selection of what's hot and trending. The same goes for your social network of Spotify friends, of whom only a handful are shown, based on most recent activity. Artist profiles, similar artist listings, and related song breakdowns by common decade are all absent.
We had no issue with Spotify's default sound quality (96-160Kbps Ogg Vorbis), but you can dig into the software's Preferences and enable high-quality streaming (320Kbps Ogg Vorbis).
Furthermore, you can select separate quality settings for streaming and downloaded (cached) content. By default, stream quality is set to Low Bandwidth (96-160Kbps Ogg Vorbis) and Sync quality is set to High Quality (320Kbps Ogg Vorbis).
Spotify's mobile app offers premium subscribers a bite-size version of the service to take on the go. We wish Spotify would throw something in for users with free accounts, similar to Pandora's ad-supported app. Still, the app costs nothing to download and works well on multiple mobile platforms.
With the Spotify app and a Spotify Premium subscription you can listen to unlimited music on your mobile. Try it free for 48 hours.
If you haven't tried Premium before, you can try it for 48-hours, completely free. Just download the app and log in using your Facebook account*. ??After your trial, you can still listen to your own music, or subscribe to...
Premium is the top-of-the-range Spotify experience. Now you can sync all your favourite playlists to your phone and listen offline. Or go online and stream anything you like from the Spotify library. It's access all areas with Premium.
What's new in this version: Spotify now works in landscape mode.
More Products to Consider
- Sync iTunes playlists, rate music and build playlists directly ...
- MX Video Player - The best way to enjoy your movies.a) MULTI-CO...
- Mix and scratch 2 MP3 files on your Android device.
- SYBLA TV Sybla TV brings you the best Arabic and international ...
- Turn your phone into a wireless camera! Supports Windows, Mac a...
- Download your favorite videos from websites!.
- Bass Booster - Equalizer - Volume Booster - 10 Presets.
- The best sound machine!.
- Play almost any type of digital music files with Wide/Reverb/X-...
- Turn your Android, iOS, Symbian phones into wireless cameras an...
- YO. This is AutoRap. It turns speech into rap, and corrects bad...
- Hollywood Movies.
- Create and share music moments and stories on your Android devi...
- Create Dubstep remixes your favorite songs by " Dubstep Sound M...
- US TV allows you to watch many free United State television cha...
- Volume Booster will make your phone sound and overall volume st...
- Create personalized ringtones directly on your Android smartpho...
- Manage and play your media on the Android device.
- See your music like it was meant to be seen with RealTunes!.
- Temporarily 50% off!iMusic Pro: iPhone 5 + iOS 7 is the latest ...
- Play multiple video formats on your smartphone.
- An ancient long lost fable retold! Our hero is but a simple far...
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"convert video using android to any other extension"
Version: Spotify 0.4.12.180
How to convert videos on Android phones to any other extension without the need for a computer
Convert videos Android phones to any other extension using Windows, Linux / Mac, this is normal and is known, but that turned videos to any other extension using only Android phone? This is new that brings this post.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content