From Holy Mackerel Software:
Speaks whatever is on the computer clipboard whenever the application is brought to the foreground. If the clipboard is unchanged it is ignored, otherwise it speaks the new clipboard text. Highlight any text in the window and have it speak that text. Simple but effective for speaking text in applications that don't have a keyboard shortcut. There is no Linux version of SpeakHaven as the speech technology used is not supported on that platform. SpeakHaven is ideal for Parallels Desktop and VMWare Fusion users wanting Windows applications to speak their text, but lack a suitable keyboard shortcut. Just copy the Windows text to the Windows clipboard, jump to SpeakHaven (the Mac or Windows version) and the text is spoken. Jump back to see the text while it is spoken! Click the disclosure triangle to minimise the window. Type the up/right arrow to increase the volume. Type the left/down arrow to decrease the volume. Type the 'm' key to mute/unmute the volume.
More Products to Consider
- Personal finance and money management for individuals and small...
- Powerful general purpose text editor, and Unix and server admin...
- Save & organize any text you may want handy.
- Themeable GTD to-do list app with cloud sync.
- Edit mind maps, XML/HTML documents, and directory trees.
- Countup/countdown chronometer.
- Play and manage your sound files.
- Spoken-word transcription software.
- Track and monitor all your income and expenses quickly and easi...
- Update your sound control software for internal Global Village ...
- Hear the normal modem sounds through your LC 630's internal spe...
- Video SIP softphone application.
- Play pleasant aleatoric-algorithmic music.
- Quickly create visually appealing mind maps.
- Specify and play sounds without opening an application.
- Download a professional sound-editing utility.
- Enhanced calendar app with iCal and Google Calendar sync/sharin...
- Play bluesy, aleatoric music.
- Personal task management.
- Play pool knocking balls around the table or against a friend o...
- Personal journal with blogging and video support.
- Help people with speech disabilities use the computer to speak.
- Keeps track of your events, tasks and thoughts.
- Sound editor and a multitrack recording studio with real time e...