Soundplant is a standalone software sampler that turns the computer keyboard into a low latency digital audio performance tool and playable instrument. Ultra-optimized for the standard QWERTY keyboard, it allows the assignment of sound files of unlimited size and any format onto 72 keyboard keys, for hours of instantly-playing audio with no need for extra hardware. Soundplant can be used to trigger sound effects or background tracks during a show, for music or loop creation, as a drum pad, as a DJ tool, as an educational aid, as a unique electronic instrument with an input device you've been practicing on for as long as you've been typing, and as a sound design sketchpad. It allows dragging and dropping sound files onto keys for quick and easy setup; playback from RAM for instant cueing or from disk for unlimited sound length; auto-pitch-assign to easily spread the same sound across multiple keys at varying pitches; auto-offset-assign to quickly slice up samples across multiple keys; non-destructive pitch, offsets, looping, volume, fading, and panning; and much more. Soundplant is a true performance program that allows playback and triggering to continue even while configuring, loading, and unloading sounds on the fly. It is used in radio, television, podcasting, presentations, theaters, studios, classrooms, arenas, clubs, museums, churches, and anywhere else a versatile multitrack sound trigger is needed.
What's new in this version: Version 39 adds support for virtually all audio file formats in existence; a 'background key detection' mode that allows Soundplant to continue receiving key input even while minimized or hidden; waveform display; detailed playback progress indicators for all channels; precise fading control; randomization settings.
More Products to Consider
- Mix, scratch, and remix MP3 or music videos live.
- Convert CDs to MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, FLAC formats, convert audio ...
- Cut desired parts from your MP3 files.
- Record, edit, convert, analyze, and restore sound files.
- Play video and audio files, convert to other file formats, burn...
- Create, edit, burn, mount, and encrypt CD, DVD, and BD image fi...
- Convert DVD movies to all the popular video or audio formats wi...
- Assign hot keys to almost any kind of action.
- Rip audio CDs, convert music, and burn discs easily.
- Redefine keyboard and mouse buttons according to applications u...
- Get fast and flexible digital-media playback with access to sma...
- Tap and touch any key on your keyboard.
- Convert M4A/AAC into MP3/WAV format.
- Transform your PC keyboard into a piano.
- Place an alarm clock on your computer that plays MP3s.
- Run a virtual mixing console for MP3, WAV, and Karaoke (MP3+G) ...
- Play MP3, CD, WAV, MIDI, and WMA files manipulating with your p...
- Copy DVD to iPod, iPhone, 3GP, PSP, Zune, HD TV, AVI, Divx, Xvi...
- Edit your digital audio files on your Windows PC.
- Convert monophonic Wave files into MIDI files.
- Create drum or audio loops and play sample files and MIDI instr...
- Connect a MIDI keyboard with a PC and turns it into a synthesiz...
- Manage your music and movie libraries on your PC, iPod or iPhon...
- Type words in Tamil language for your browser.
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Version: Soundplant 39
Seriously didn't expect it to be anywhere near as good as it is. I love it!
It is not a feature rich product and could use a few more options and UI tweaks before I feel it could be a really strong product that I could recommend to my friends.
The interface could use a few improvements, namely toggle vs triggering the keys as I would need this for my use. If you could hold shift and press a key to toggle it or enable repeat that would be ideal wherein the default setting would only enable the sample during keypress.