CNET Editors' review
Anyone trying to seriously make it as a writer knows that the only way to get published is to submit your work--usually over and over again. Sonar is an easy-to-use program that lets you track submissions and responses, and we think it's an invaluable tool if you send a lot of work out and have trouble keeping up with the who, what, where, and when of the process.
The program's interface is plain and intuitive, and it took us no time at all to figure it out. Users first add works to the database; there are fields for the title, genre, word count, a description, and comments, and users can also record the file path of the document for easy access. Markets that the user has submitted to or is interested in can also be entered, including the editor's name and contact information and the publication's submission guidelines. Once your works and markets are entered, recording a submission is as easy as selecting the appropriate title and publisher from dropdown menus and entering the date sent. A check box lets users indicate if a response has been received; if so, users can record whether the piece was sold or published and enter the payment received. There's also a field for comments and feedback. Although the terminology used in the program isn't genre-specific and any writer could make use of it, poets in particular should note that Sonar doesn't support simultaneous submissions, which could be problematic for some users. The program also lacks an updated Help file, though we found it to be pretty self-explanatory. Overall, we think that Sonar is a great tool for writers who are serious about getting published, and we recommend it.
Sonar installs and uninstalls without issues.
From Spacejock Software:
Sonar is a manuscript submission tracking program which tells which market has each story, whether a story has been sold or rejected and which stories are gathering dust instead of earning their keep. If you decide to use it, you will be able to view a list of all your stories and then filter them in various ways.
What's new in this version: Version 22.214.171.124 allows you to add a thumbnail to each work.
More Products to Consider
- Convert Adobe PDF file to MS Word file format.
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Create, read, edit and share word, spreadsheets and presentatio...
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Manage customer relationships, marketing projects, and sales/cu...
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Transform PDF documents to Excel documents.
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- Create, manage, and collaborate with others on presentations.
- Convert Word, RTF, and TXT files into PDF documents.
- Manage your projects and documents from one location.
- Submit social bookmarks to social bookmark search engines.
- Collect, organize, and view information from the Web on your te...
- Get a reminder to take stretch breaks.
- Enhance sales productivity by automating the sales process.
- Convert your PDF files into various image formats.
- Use visual countdown timer for presentations or personal timing...
- Automate and simplify your sales process with ready to use free...
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Does exactly what it says!"
Version: Sonar 126.96.36.199
Made following my submissions easier to track. Simple interface makes it clean and understandable.
None that I can find.
If you submit alot of work or just have alot of stuff to track, Sonar works wonderfully.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: