CNET Editors' review
We all have our Charlie Brown moments, but is there a more thankless job than manager of an amateur baseball or softball team? Yes, there is: scorekeeper of an amateur baseball or softball team. Those who step up deserve a big hand, and not just on the back but in the office, too. SBC's Softball-Baseball Team Calculator is a free Excel-based tool that makes it easy to keep track of individual, team, and league statistics and standings. It can generate box scores for individual games, track and rank batters in 19 categories, and calculate division standings on a game-by-game or overall basis. It can even help you design and generate a team Web site.
We downloaded and extracted SBC's zipped program file and opened its folder, which contained blank and sample Excel files as well as program macros and PDF-based documentation. We clicked the blank spreadsheet, which opened in Excel in a protected view. We clicked Enable Editing and received a popup notification about turning on the macros feature, which opened in a separate Excel page. The template itself handles many pages simultaneously and incorporates a huge selection of worksheet variables covering what looks like every conceivable ballgame situation in a single large table. Pages 1, 2, and 3 were maximized in the view, but we could call up a seemingly unlimited number of pages as needed from an overlapping selection on the left-hand side of the template. We had to reduce the template view to nearly 10 percent of total to take it all in. The entry fields, box scores, and abbreviations are standards that should be familiar to any coach, manager, or scorekeeper (sometimes you wonder). Tiny red triangles appear frequently; hovering the cursor over these opened enlarged entry fields, explanations, and other useful extra space. Otherwise, SBC saves, prints, and edits like any Excel spreadsheet template. The Sample Team template offers plenty of examples, but there's a large PDF-based Help file too.
Softball-Baseball Team Calculator lets hard-pressed officials focus on more important matters, like tracking down players who leave in the middle of games to make beer runs. Like we said, these folks need all the help they can get.
Softball/Baseball Team Calculator is a simple application for keeping batting statistics and division standings for a softball or baseball team. It tracks individual player and team batting statistics on a game-by-game basis, calculates division standings, team batting leaders in up to 19 selectable categories, generates a box score for a selected game, and generates a team web site with a single command.
What's new in this version: Version 3.50 includes bug fixes and feature enhancements.
More Products to Consider
- Create printable calendars with saved activities in Microsoft W...
- Take notes and stick them to your desktop.
- Manage your email, time and calendar.
- Create Post-it notes, bookmark Web sites, send/receive notes, s...
- Split and merge PDF documents.
- Create and manage various events and to-do list on your desktop...
- Schedule, plan, and remind yourself of important events.
- Organize your life, manage contacts, create to do list, and be ...
- Create amortization schedule in Excel for fixed-rate loan.
- Build, save, share, and print arbitrary mind maps.
- Catch up with your daily events and meeting schedules.
- Transfer content between Android, iPhone, and Symbian phones.
- Create and organize sticky notes and reminders on your desktop.
- Incorporate images and formatted text into your daily diary.
- Manage your mobile phone through a PC.
- Perform computationally intensive tasks in an interactive mathe...
- Check multiple sites automatically to see how your soccer team ...
- Keep score while playing darts.
- Join the search and discover one of the Mersenne prime numbers.
- Play some competitive invasion games using this mutator.
- Enter a name and get various nicknames.
- Open over 100 different file extensions including DOCX, PPTX an...
- Design landscapes in 3D and show a real-life picture of how the...
- Edit your math equation.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: