CNET Editors' note: The "Download Now" link directs you to the Android Market where you must continue the download process. This download may not be available in some countries.
CNET Editors' review
Snapseed is a powerful photo editor that lets users adjust photos with an impressive arsenal of tools and settings. However, Snapseed's gesture based controls makes manipulating photos much more accurate, and is an essential application for any mobile photographer who wants more out of their pictures.
After downloading and installing the app, Snapseed will guide you through a quick tutorial of how to use their editing suite. Common gestures like pinching will define areas of effect, and swiping left to right will adjust how light or intense you want the applied filter to look. Snapseed comes with under a dozen or so basic filters that can more or less duplicate Instagram's presets, but again with more customized looks. It's probably not going to appeal much to the average, impatient tween who is condition to the click-and-go process of photo filters, but for those who enjoy touching up their photos will find Snapseed's workflow attractive, or at least I sure did.
When you're editing photos on Snapseed, you're also working with the original photo itself, contrary to Instagram's compressed approach. That means photos will retain their original quality from when shot, giving you the max amount of wiggle room with making adjustments without destroying your photos to the point of utter nonrecognition. One other major feature I appreciated was the ability to quickly compare a before and after setting, thanks to a button on the bottom panel.
Snapseed also includes the standard publishing outlets like Facebook and Google+ or other sharing portals. Show your photos some extra love and grab this from the Play Store now.
From Nik Software:
Snapseed makes any photograph extraordinary with a fun, high-quality photo experience right at your fingertips. Anyone can enhance, transform, and share their photos with ease using incredibly advanced features from the leader in digital photography software. Built-in Google+ capabilities make it even more easy to share your images with your friends and family.
Easily adjust your photos with a single tap using Auto Correct Tweak your photo to perfection with Tune Image Use Selective Adjust to enhance specific objects or areas in your photos Experiment with fun & innovative filters like Drama, Vintage, Grunge, and Tilt-Shift Add Image Borders for a finishing touch Share your creations via Google+, email, and any other service you have installed.
Snapseed supports Android OS 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) or later device; JPEG and TIFF photos: English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Brazilian Portuguese, Japanese, Chinese (Traditional and Simplified), and Arabic languages. Features include: Basic Adjustments == Auto Correct - Automatically analyzes your photo and adjusts color and exposure to perfection; Selective Adjust - Make precise selections and enhancements to specific areas of your photos in seconds with Nik Software's revolutionary U Point technology; Tune Image - Use Ambience to create depth and vibrancy that uniquely adapts to colors and textures; Adjust White Balance, Saturation, Contrast; Straighten & Rotate - Rotate 90 and/or straighten photos with simple gesture controls; Crop - Easily crop images to remove distracting parts of your photo with standard aspect ratios, or a free crop; == Creative Enhancements == Black & White - Get that classic Black and White look with this darkroom-inspired filter. Vintage Films - Make any photo look like a vintage color film photo from the 50s, 60s or 70s. Drama - Add style with a custom effect specifically tailored to your photos, ranging from subtle textures to wildly artistic effects. Grunge - Give your photos a totally unique, hip, and dingy look. Tilt-Shift - Create a narrow in-focus area designed to simulate depth of field, common in a Miniature Scene look. Details - Enhance details with traditional sharpening or the unique Structure control found in the Nik Software professional products. Center Focus - Draw attention to the subject of your photo by blurring and adjusting the brightness of the surrounding background. Organic Frames - Add stylized borders to photos for the perfect finishing touch.
What's new in this version:
- New Retrolux filter! Use one of the newly created film styles, combined with a range of different scratches and textures as well as light leaks to create a truly retro look for your photos.
- Updated Frames filter! Now includes a wide range of new, high quality photographic frames.
- Resolved an issue that could cause Snapseed to not respond after loading an image.
- Improved recovery of image edits after switching between applications.
More Products to Consider
- Correct and enhance photos form all possible angles.
- Change your photos into works of art.
- Edit your photos with effects, stickers, and texts on your Andr...
- Share your pictures on Facebook automatically.
- Easy and intuitive photo editor. Apply effects, adjust color, a...
- Age your face and make a face look older as you can.
- Awesome PicsArt Studio!.
- More than 600 effects, overlays, and borders to personalize any...
- The best camera application for portraits, 'Cymera'.
- Edit and share photos virtually anywhere. Access them all on Ph...
- Special Instagram HD version of popular Lomo Camera app. Take p...
- Photo decoration Appthank you~.
- Instagram Client.
- You don't have to remember a lot of names.Just remember their f...
- Merge multiple photos into one!Express your daily life in one p...
- Carry out all essential tasks of the photography workflow and d...
- Troll your friends! Create rage faced photos and share created ...
- Make new year photos memorable with new year frames.
- Edit images and photos in the most intuitive way.
- Download, edit, manage, save, and share photos.
- Create cool photo montages and apply fun photo frames & effects...
- Combine multiple photos in fancy frames, add text caption and p...
- HiCollage - we make traditional collage more simple, more fun, ...
- Attach pictures directly from your Android device' camera.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content