CNET Editors' review
Smideo puts your digital snapshots, videos, and tunes together into seamless video presentations. You can add narration, screenshots and screencasts, and even YouTube videos to your productions. You can use Smideo to create presentations for work or school, family events, auditions, and invitations, or jazz up your photo albums with music and video. Smideo 2013 is an all-new release that adds full HD video capabilities, improved text titles and subtitles, and the ability to burn discs in any format that your DVD burner supports. Smideo 2013 is free to try for 30 days, though you must purchase the full version to enable HD video and unlimited video length.
Smideo's large and colorful icons are grouped by category in shaded areas on a white background: Video, Options and Updates, and Info and Help (including a Manual). Clicking "Create Project" in the main window prompts Smideo to start a project by offering to download free images and MP3s. Starting with my own files, I quickly moved on to a screen describing the five steps for creating a Smideo: 1) adding media, 2) cutting video into smaller parts, 3) arranging the order of the parts, 4) adding audio tracks, and 5) choosing a file name, video resolution, and any optional effects.
The first step has five options for adding media: file, folder, YouTube, Flickr, or a screencast capture. Each step includes instructions and a preview option. The combination of tree view, thumbnails, and drag-and-drop for sorting and arranging Image or Text files or sequencing video clips provides users with multiple production possibilities. Clicking "Add All" or "Randomly" offer quick shortcuts for automated photo selection. The Audio screen has a sequencer with timeline and thumbnails for synchronizing audio tracks. Smideo saves projects as AVI files that you can play almost anywhere or easily convert.
Smideo 2013 lets users create a high-quality video from snapshots and other random clips and bits. Adding the HD options requires a purchase of the full version.
Editors' note: This is a review of the trial version of Smideo 2013.
Smideo is the most simple program to turn your holiday photos or family photos and videos to an appealing slideshow-video. Smideo can also include Youtube videos or record parts of your screen. Afterwords you can add your own MP3 music or record speech from your PC to complete your video. And Smideo is completely free. If you buy our HD version, you can generate videos with unlimited length and up to the HD resolution of 1920x1080 pixels and even burn them to CD-ROM or DVD afterwords.
More Products to Consider
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- Process photos start to finish--from download to editing (inc. ...
- Carry out all essential tasks of the photography workflow and d...
- Capture and edit your images with various tools.
- Optimize your images and change their size.
- Convert images into different formats in a batch mode.
- Add your photo into different beautiful templates.
- Create powerful images and discover new dimensions in digital i...
- Create stop-motion animated videos.
- View and organize, create movies, publish clips online, or snap...
- Capture images such as AVI, WMV, MPEG, and DAT from video files...
- Add video capture, motion detection, video painter, video frame...
- Process your digital photos and create slide shows for sharing.
All versions:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"NO WAY! DO NOT DOWNLOAD"
Version: Smideo 2013
Who knows. I don't trust it enough to run it (see cons). It will be wiped from my hard drive very shortly.
Installs a bucketload of miscellaneous crapware (toolbar and more). Changes your homepage, changes your default search. All done without notice or permission. AVOID ALL SUCH MALWARE LIKE THE PLAGUE. IT IS THE FREAKING PLAGUE!!!
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content