SmartGit is an efficient user interface for Git, focussing on simplicity and targeting non-experts and people who prefer a graphical application over command line usage. The current version of SmartGit supports those Git features which are required for the every-day work in software development projects.
What's new in this version:
- About dialog: button right beside version display to trigger installation directory update manually
- External tools: sets HOME environment variable, so Git will behave in an external tool the same as inside SmartGit
- Mercurial: Show Changes now allows to compare 2 selected files, similar to Git
- Notification display has been reworked resolving window-activation-related problems
- Output view: optionally shows working directory