SmartGit is an efficient user interface for Git, focussing on simplicity and targeting non-experts and people who prefer a graphical application over command line usage. The current version of SmartGit supports those Git features which are required for the every-day work in software development projects.
What's new in this version: - Blame: use selection-background-color derived color for highlighting instead of plain gray
- OS X bundle ships with bundled Java 7
- if the known_hosts file is not readable, more information is shown
- separate page for proxy configuration
- Log: option to restrict operations on special nodes (stashes/pull requests)
- Log: Git stashes show up always as "not yet pushed" (thin lines)
More Products to Consider
- Use Flex, Flash, AJAX to build rich Internet apps that deploy t...
- File & directory compare & merge utility.
- Design, develop, and maintain standards-based websites and appl...
- Create web sites and blogs.
- Updates Java components.
- Mac OS X development environment.
- Edit audio, add audio effects on Mac OS X easily.
- Komodo Edit: Free multi-platform, multi-language editor: Perl, ...
- Y2K fixes for the web publishing software.
- Container controls for Xojo that can be embedded in a window.
- Use undo feature at your daily Xojo tasks.
- Show or hide all hidden files on your mac.
- Subversion (SVN) client.
- Host multiple web sites through easy-to-use virtual hosting.
- Date control plugin for Real Studio and Xojo.
- Plot globally gridded netCDF datasets.
- Xojo and REAL Studio plugin that adds error alerts to required ...
- Brings "universal attachability" to AppleScript.
- Xojo and Real Studio calendar control plugin.
- Text editor for plain text files with many options.
- Printable journal with multiple sections and styles.
- Risk assessment & workplace safety monitor.
- Adds TreeView plug-in control for Xojo and Real Studio.
- Create and edit XML and HTML sitemaps easily.
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Very useful tool"
Version: SmartGit 5.0p3
The log view is one of the best things: You can see at a glance all the recent branches and tags on your repository, and you can compare them with a click
The UI is well thought out (and not a complete copy of all git command line features). If you feel the need you can edit the toolbar.
There are extensions (it is extendable). My favorite is git flow. You can write your own (but I've not found a need)
It is a graphical tool: If you're a command-line kind of person, you may not see the need (though the log viewer is great)
The file comparison / merge tool is smart, but not ... quite... as smart as I would like in the way it shows some differences. I may be asking for the moon, here...
Some of the default behaviors are wrong, even dangerous (for my work flow): Rebase is default, merge should be.
Sometimes, Smart Git gets itself into a weird state that is very difficult to resolve without dropping to the command line. And, since Smart Git is so nice, it has trained you to forget how to use the command line.
Docs are more about getting started than about how to cope with difficult or unusual circumstances.
A very good tool with a very few rough edges.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content