SmartGit is an efficient user interface for Git, focussing on simplicity and targeting non-experts and people who prefer a graphical application over command line usage. The current version of SmartGit supports those Git features which are required for the every-day work in software development projects.
What's new in this version:
- Git-Flow: lightweight model supporting only feature branches
- - preferences option to push all tags
- - integration into main window - support for different pull-request states, e.g. pending/approved/rejected
- Pull Requests category shows "my" pull request count
- Assignee input field supports user alias completion
- double-clicking a comment jumps to comment
- - Windows: taskbar item is highlighted if a dialog is shown w... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Design, develop, and maintain standards-based websites and appl...
- Create web sites and blogs.
- Updates Java components.
- Mac OS X development environment.
- Edit audio, add audio effects on Mac OS X easily.
- Use Flex, Flash, AJAX to build rich Internet apps that deploy t...
- Komodo Edit: Free multi-platform, multi-language editor: Perl, ...
- Y2K fixes for the web publishing software.
- Show or hide all hidden files on your mac.
- Allows you to edit plain text files with many options.
- Manage business database applications.
- Rapidly prototype websites and application interfaces.
- File & directory compare & merge utility.
- Create games for Mac, PC, or Web with a free development tool.
- Popular HTML & text editor.
- Command-line tool for yEnc & UU binary download & decoding.
- Risk assessment & workplace safety monitor.
- Easy-to-install environment to develop and deploy JRuby on Rail...
- Affinic debugger user interface for OS X.
- Web server log analyzer.
- Subversion (SVN) client.
- Project management software.
- Develop Ruby 1.9.3 and Rails 3.2 applications rapidly.
- Advanced property list & preference editor.
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Very useful tool"
Version: SmartGit 5.0p3
The log view is one of the best things: You can see at a glance all the recent branches and tags on your repository, and you can compare them with a click
The UI is well thought out (and not a complete copy of all git command line features). If you feel the need you can edit the toolbar.
There are extensions (it is extendable). My favorite is git flow. You can write your own (but I've not found a need)
It is a graphical tool: If you're a command-line kind of person, you may not see the need (though the log viewer is great)
The file comparison / merge tool is smart, but not ... quite... as smart as I would like in the way it shows some differences. I may be asking for the moon, here...
Some of the default behaviors are wrong, even dangerous (for my work flow): Rebase is default, merge should be.
Sometimes, Smart Git gets itself into a weird state that is very difficult to resolve without dropping to the command line. And, since Smart Git is so nice, it has trained you to forget how to use the command line.
Docs are more about getting started than about how to cope with difficult or unusual circumstances.
A very good tool with a very few rough edges.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content