CNET Editors' review
Smart WorkTime Tracker provides a unique twist on the traditional billable hours tracking software. Its simplicity and accuracy make this a great tool for those who need to track the time spent on a project.
The program's interface was surprisingly simple to operate. We were able to easily navigate through its few intuitive commands without having to divert to the Help file's tutorial. This kept our interaction with the program to a minimum so we could focus on work. The program really set itself apart from other time-tracking software because it could be set to automatically track time from the opening of a specific program, such as Microsoft Excel. The typical time tracker we've tested simply acts as a manual stopwatch. We set up several different programs whose times were each tallied separately. In every instance, the Smart WorkTime's report of the time we spent was accurate, and we felt comfortable trusting it to monitor our work. Its activity breakdown feature reports actual time spent on a program and average time spent working, which was impressive. However, we were disappointed that there is apparently no way to print off these reports, which could be an issue for those who turn in statements for billing purposes. Overall, this program's thoughtful take on time-tracking software made it an exciting, accurate business tool.
Smart WorkTime Tracker comes with a 15-day trial limit. It comes as a compressed file. We found few flaws with this innovative time monitoring system, and we recommend it.
From A!K Research:
Smart Work Time Tracker helps you collect the most comprehensive data concerning your working time consumption and distribution. It recognizes any applications you are using while working on your projects and logs all data concerning the time you spend working in each of them. You can also categorize your applications by project, so that you'll know the time you spent working on individual projects. Version 2.1.317 counts the time left until the workday is over, adds 'suspend todo task' command to todo list.
Version 2.15.323 fixed the bugs such as "7 last days" preset bug, and wrong totals counting in the Time Distribution report.
What's new in this version: Version 2.15.323 fixed the bugs such as "7 last days" preset bug, and wrong totals counting in the Time Distribution report.
More Products to Consider
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Gather information for each domain.
- Get a comprehensive library of 4500 sample business letters and...
- Gather data from the Web.
- Prepare any business documents from 6000 professionally written...
- Track, organize, and manage your organization's records.
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Collect and import data from paper forms to MS Excel or Word.
- Transform PDF documents to Excel documents.
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Collect, view, and disseminate extensive data.
- Audit MS SQL Server Database data.
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Analyze interval energy data, monitor and manage energy consump...
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- Manage your customer information and improve your service quali...
- Get and analyze information and statistics from eBay to make mo...
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
- Prevent any data-collecting via USB device from your computer.
- Collect data from various browsers about how you use Web.
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Very solid, robust, and customizable."
Version: Smart WorkTime Tracker 2.1.318
After trying dozens of project/task management/timer applications, I discovered that this particular one had all of the features I was looking for. In particular, it has very good tracking features, and ways to customize application tracking per project. It also have a very handy to-do feature, which allows you to assign to-do items to projects, and start and stop them as time permits.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content