CNET Editors' review
Getting pictures from a digital camera to a PC should be a snap, but too often it isn't. Smart Photo Import is an easy-to-use tool that greatly simplifies the process of importing and sorting digital images from a camera or other device to a computer. It automatically organizes image files into folders for easy archiving, neatly avoiding one of the biggest problems with digital photography: immense catch-all folders packed with thousands of images, and usually all jumbled up, too.
This neat little tool has a Windows-style installer and opens with a clean, basic interface that resembles a bare-bones media player. There are File, Edit, and Help menus; navigation boxes; a slider to control thumbnail size; some sorting and display options; and Import, Preview, and Options buttons, the latter giving access to the program's configurations. There's a handy space to enter photo subjects for easy sorting, an interesting feature that we especially like. Smart Photo Importer couldn't be easier to use: browse to the source folder, select a destination folder, and click Import. The imported images start appearing immediately in the main display. A click rotates the image either way or calls up a dialog with detailed image information.
Smart Photo Import's is free to try for 60 days and works in Windows versions 95 to XP, though we tested it in Vista and Windows 7, and it performed well in both. It's a handy tool that can help you bring order to your digital photo chaos.
Smart Import is a tool that helps you to handle your digital shots and archive them very easily on your computer. The main goal of the software is to import photos from your digital camera or any other media device and to automatically organize them in folders on your PC.
What's new in this version: Version 184.108.40.206 has added Quick File description field in main window.
More Products to Consider
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Capture and edit your images with various tools.
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Process photos start to finish--from download to editing (inc. ...
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- Share and edit your portraits using sophisticated processing te...
- Manage, retouch, and create Web albums on your PC.
- View, modify, and manage your image files.
- Organize your photos, perfect your shots, and share your memori...
- Add water, snow, and rain effects to digital photos and save th...
- Carry out all essential tasks of the photography workflow and d...
- View digital images and manipulate EXIF info.
- Decorate your photos with various effects.
- Crate memorable slideshows from your photos.
- Make cartoons and drawings from photographs.