CNET Editors' note: The "Download Now" link directs you to the product page in the online Android Market. The application can directly be downloaded and installed on the registered Android device from your PC, or you can download it from the Android Market on your Android device.
CNET Editors' review
Though Web sites are more mobile-friendly than ever, some folks still want the full computer experience on their phones and tablets. Skyfire Browser offers all of that with a customizable toolbar on the top and bottom of all of your Web pages. Sadly, it doesn't give you any extra speed over the default Android browser and the toolbars take up too much screen space.
Skyfire seems like it's better built for tablets than it is for smartphones. If you use it on a 4-inch-or-less Android gadget, the toolbars are just in the way. They take up too much of the page, which means repeated scrolling to read articles. Pages just won't look like they're supposed to, more often than not. Luckily, the toolbars go away for a full-screen experience when you start scrolling. When they're on the page, the extra features do make browsing faster. You can go to Facebook, Twitter, or several other sites without having to launch a second app. Sadly, that's the only way the browser increases your surfing speed. Pages just don't seem to load any more quickly than they would in Android's default browser. That means other downloads tend to blow Skyfire out of the water.
Just like on your computer, it pays to download a different browser than what comes standard. However, with so many options like Dolphin, Opera, and Chrome to choose from, Skyfire just doesn't do much to stand out. Tablet owners will like the added features, but these may cause more trouble than they're worth on smartphones.Skyfire 2.0 beta for Android:
Skyfire Browser makes your mobile internet experience richer, smarter, and more fun. Enjoy Flash video content, view mobile or desktop versions of websites, intelligent related media recommendations, share instantly with your friends, and innovative toolbar UI for easy and fast access smarter browsing experience. Skyfire for Android is a new approach to provide a rich internet media experience for mobile devices. It combines the best aspects of rich client interactivity with the power of server assisted support for functions such as Video and Context that highly benefit from server side optimization and connectivity to services on the internet.
Skyfire for Android differentiates itself through an experience that includes SkyBar, video, explore, and share. In addition Skyfire provides an advanced Browser for Android.
What's new in this version: version 4.1 improved memory management for feature bubbles, feature bubbles now have a 12 hour content refresh timeline, and includes bug fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Navigate the web with fast and free full-featured browser for A...
- Browse and bring your personalized Chrome experience with you a...
- Browse the web fast and smooth.
- Surf the Web comfortably, relying on speed, safety, and power o...
- Keep your private text messages, photos, and videos safely hidd...
- Enjoy a smarter, richer, and interactive Android mobile Web exp...
- View mobile or desktop versions of sites.
- Navigate the Internet with your Android device while saving tra...
- Use your Netflix account to access streaming movies and TV Show...
- Surf the Web with browser with built-in download management and...
- SPB TV - Stay Tuned On the Go!.
- Browse the Web with your Android smartphone.
- Experience the experimental channel for Mozilla Firefox on your...
- Enjoy all your media on your Android phone with Orb Live.
- Opera's fastest mobile browser that can save you money on data....
- This is the #1 App for Minecraft PE Mods! *FREE* This app comes...
- Turn your Android device into a YouTube remote control!.
- Get social, smart, and fast mobile browser for your Android dev...
- Socialcam is the easiest way to share videos with friends.
- Pakistan TV Live free TV Application with flash player ARY DAWN...
- Navigate the Internet using your Android device.
- Watch amazing bike stunts with different-different types of mov...
All versions:3.8 stars
out of 6 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Android Browser with access to flash support"
Version: Skyfire for Android 4.1
it works on the Velocity Micro Cruz T301 tablet. It may be the only way for this tablet to play Flash Video. it seems to work well, as far as I can tell.
There is a delay in recognizing the video that it is supposed to convert into a viewable format for the tablet. Sometimes the audio for the video is not as high as one would want, because this tablet itself is certainly not a boombox.
Not really a problem of the software is that is so much different from the browsers I use on Windows that it takes some time for me to get used to.
"Its cool program"
Version: Skyfire for Android 4.1
Its cool program
Its cool program
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content