CNET Editors' review
SketchBook Pro 2010 provides a sleek system for sketching art ideas. With a simple set of tools and realistic results, artists of all types will gravitate toward this tool.
The program's simple and professionally designed interface allowed us to jump right into creating our art. We never needed to access the Help file's instructions because everything was at our fingertips. Useful items were organized in a sleek toolbar that took up a minimum of space and allowed for a very large canvass, which we loved. We used our cursor to select our brush type and color, which was really nothing special. It reminded us of any other painting tool we've tested. The brush and pen strokes we made with our mouse were realistic, though these strokes also didn't seem to improve upon the competition. To be fair, the product description recommended using a digital tablet and accompanying pen, but we were only able to test it with a mouse. SketchBook Pro provides a nice feature that lets you view and edit photographs, though you can only change the size and angle. While we had a tough time making slick drawings with our mouse, we're sure that a digital pen would offer a lot more control and freedom.
SketchBook Pro 2010 is limited to a 15-day trial period. It installs desktop icons without permission. This worthwhile program's sleek interface and its capability to work with a digital tablet and pen make it something we recommend.
Autodesk SketchBook Pro sketching software for Windows computers is a fun and intuitive paint and drawing app, and can transform your computer into an ideal artist's toolkit. With tools designed for professional artists, illustrators, and designers, the easy-to-use interface can help unlock the artist in everyone. SketchBook Pro is specifically designed to work with pen tablets, such as Wacom Bamboo, Intuos, and Cintq products, or with WindowsÃ?Â® tablet devices to deliver an authentic drawing experience.
What's new in this version: Version 6.0.1 includes the following improvements:
- Streamlined interface delivers an unobstructed and discoverable environment, keeping you in the creative zone.
- Multitouch navigation support on the latest Wacom devices.
- Synthetic paintbrushes that behave more like traditional paint mediums.
- Smudge brushes for blending colors.
- Even more brush controls to customize.
More Products to Consider
- Simplify design process and gain better control over placement ...
- Print to PDF from Windows applications and optimize the PDF out...
- View DWG, DXF, and DWF drawings.
- Open, view, and print any PDF file.
- Transform any printable document into PDF format.
- Make your CAD works in powerful DWG-compatible environment.
- Convert PDF to Word file format.
- Show the graphical output of applications.
- View and print any graph produced by DPlot.
- Open, view, edit, and save PDF files without Adobe Acrobat.
- Manipulate 2D and 3D data from a variety of sources.
- Create, visualize, document, and share your CAD projects.
- Protect your PDF files with strong security.
- Create 3D models and upload them to Google Earth.
- Convert GIF files to video files.
- Convert PDF to most applications.
- Delete user profiles on local or remote computers.
- Create professional CAD drawings with compatibility with dwg, d...
- Create Adobe PDF files with the push of a button.
- Print, e-mail, and save your T-shirts designs all from your des...
- Operate your Camfrog Video Chat.
- Convert PDF files into DOC, DOCX, XML, and RTF format.
- Professional-grade paint and drawing application, optimized spe...
- Create reminders for important times in your life.
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Elegant & Intuitive!"
Version: SketchBook Pro 6 6.0.1
Succinctly, awesome. Salvador Dali would nave been envious.
An Artist? Get it, yes a true gem.
Sketchbook pro 6 has no cons!
It's so wonderful it needs no summary. It's fantastic.