CNET Editors' review
Take down all those annoying yellow reminder papers off your office wall and keep them neatly organized on your computer desktop. Simple Sticky Notes lives up to its title by providing a simple way of reminding yourself of important notes.
This free program embeds itself in the system tray and offers very little beyond the capability to make and sort notes, which is perfectly fine with us. From the tray, users create a new note, which pops up as a look-alike yellow Post-it note. However, this one can have its color changed and its transparency adjusted thanks to the pull down menu at the top of the note. The size can also be adjusted on the note, but that's the end of the formatting options.
The tray menu gives users the opportunity to show all notes and sort them to stay organized. While the notes aren't automatically stacked on top of one another, but staggered, this is still a great way to look at notes that have been minimized and forgotten. While we would have liked to have seen an alarm system like some other sticky note programs provide, we have no complaints with Simple Sticky Notes' straightforward system and its fine way of keeping notes for free.
It's a simple, easy-to-use, absolutely free, fast and efficient taking notes software. Features: Full unicode support; RichText support; Colorful and Transparent notes; Printable; Snap to desktop edges; Hide/Show all notes option; Automatic updates.
What's new in this version: Version 2.2 features; Added repeating alarm modes. (Once, Monthly, Weekly, Yearly); New snapping & aligning features; Improved stability and performance; Improved installer; Fixed some bugs.
More Products to Consider
- Create Post-it notes, bookmark websites, send/receive notes, se...
- Create and organize sticky notes and reminders on your desktop.
- Create sticky notes on Windows, set reminders, attach to Web si...
- Create and post reminder notes on your desktop.
- Create and manage various events and to-do list on your desktop...
- Create printable calendars with saved activities in MS Word and...
- Manage your email, time and calendar.
- Schedule, plan, and remind yourself of important events.
- Create and stick different notes and manage them on your Window...
- Split and merge PDF documents.
- Take notes and set up reminders.
- Display notes on your desktop and send them to others through y...
- Organize your life, manage contacts, create to do list, and be ...
- Create and organize 3D sticky notes on your desktop or send the...
- Create amortization schedule in Excel for fixed-rate loan.
- Create and display notes on your desktop.
- Create and stick notes with alerts on your desktop.
- Use sticky notes on your windows machine.
- Build, save, share, and print arbitrary mind maps.
- Organize your schedule and provide reminders of upcoming events...
- Create and manage to-do list, synchronize it between computers ...
- Create and stick electronic notes on your Windows desktop.
- Catch up with your daily events and meeting schedules.
- Allow you to place sticky notes on your desktop.
All versions:3.6 stars
out of 71 votes
Current version:2.5 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"DOWNLOAD.COM POSSIBLY INFECTED BY MALWARES"
Version: Simple Sticky Notes 2.2
Simple and useful
Possibly infected by malwares (drive by downloads)
I download this software this morning and this evening avast detected two virus/ malwares: svhost and googleupdate. I previously downloaded hotspotshield from this site and my computer was infected by stubborn adwares. Its time for download.cnet.com to take responsibility for the softwares on their site. For me, its time to avoid download.com for a while until they take responsibility.
"Better than the competition that I tried"
Version: Simple Sticky Notes 2.2
The notes are quite clear. They change colors which may or may not be good.
They have to be activated every day.
You can't drag them to other places on your computer - you have to stretch them to the side, minimize them, then stretch them up or down and minimize them. A pain the the ****I
Don't get Simple Sticky Notes unless you love them. They are a pain to uninstall.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: