From Shell for Windows:
Shell for Windows is a gorgeous program that better your productivity. View of the program can be customized because the software supports schemes. You already have a few of ones. Make unrestricted number of your own schemes easily. You can also adjust transparency and select color for each of menus and disable or enable a menu.The software is ideal program for both who like to work with mouse and keyboard admirer. Filters, shortcuts and useful interface of the software let you launch favorite programs and files without difficulty. This shell interface consists of some menus, every of them does own purpose. All requisite items are collected into single spot. The program structure consists just of some menus which have clear captions.Some menus have section 'Favorites' which lets you store favorite items to facilitate access to them. So in menu 'Files' place into this group folders and files you open frequently. You can create groups of items as well. So create group 'Media' for suitable media software. A few menus do not has section 'Favorites' and put the most used items to high edge of menu. Really helpful feature is shortcuts. Press 'Windows' key and 1th char of menu name to expose the menu. Selection automatically will remove to group 'Filter' where you can find and run than you want to find. 'Statistics' lets you to evaluate how often you run definite item. In some menus such as 'Applications' frequently launched items automatically moved on top position. The more item is launched the higher position it has. This allow you to run files or software rapidly. There are also menus 'Tray' and 'Help' to manage system tray and get program help manual. Similar to menu 'Applications', in menu 'Tray' the most used icons are on top of the list and less popular on bottom. Filter allows to choose an item without mouse.The menu 'Applications' is built to switch between launched programs. Most popular opened elements are lifted on top of ohter. Operating with the Internet give you more gladness because your bookmarks are structured and are always at hand. It is good idia to group your bookmark. Menu 'Search' lets to pass your request directly to Google, Wikipedia or Yahoo searches. Also you can quickly change default browser or create e-mail message. Acting with system utilities and network is more handle.
What's new in this version: Version 1.3.0 fixes bug with tray in Windows Vista and bug with menu Application in Windows Seven.
More Products to Consider
- Get dock with live icon reflections and speed up access to your...
- Bring back the Windows "Start" menu to Windows 8.
- Clean up icon clutter on your desktop.
- Return the Windows 7 style Start menu to Windows 8.
- Customize the look and feel of the Windows desktop interface wi...
- Set unlimited numbers of alarm clocks on Windows.
- Place favorite Web links, program shortcuts, and widgets on a f...
- Replace your desktop view, make your work easier.
- Enhance your desktop with different widgets.
- Enable clock with countdown, reminder, stopwatch, and desktop s...
- Add and remove features to your system.
- Give your Windows 7, XP, or Vista cursor a wide range of effect...
- Personalize your Windows 8/8.1 start and lock screens with your...
- Set up a timer with countdown mode, an alarm clock, and a stopw...
- Wake up to this alarm clock that has a different alarm for each...
- Suggest a weekly menu based on your preferences.
- Manage and speeds up your daily computer activities.
- Add a navigation menu to your Web pages.
- Automatically download and save files, or entire Web sites.
- Create and stick electronic notes on your Windows desktop.
- Create a media menu that allows easy point and click applicatio...
- Surf the Web using a multitabbed Internet browser with multiple...
- Manage various themes, visual styles, wallpapers, icons, and cu...
- Hide the iGoogle left navigation tabs and header.
All versions:2.0 stars
out of 3 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Immediately did not work."
Version: Shell for Windows 1.3.0
Looks like a good program.
Immediately hid my desktop icons, taskbar, and closed WINDOWS EXPLORER, and crashed leaving me helpless. I had to open up the Task Manager and had to click on the "New Task..." button and type in "explorer" to get everything working again. If I were you, a computer user geeky enough to try this program, don't. DO NOT TRY THIS PROGRAM. I was lucky that I didn't need to restart my computer because that would have been a pain in the rear.
The problem may have been that I had my iTunes running at the same time of installation, it appears to work okay now. I still wouldn't try this program if I were you.
"BEWARE!!! THIS PROGRAM MAKES YOUR PC INACCESSIBLE!!!"
Version: Shell for Windows 1.3.0
No pros at all.
I am only leaving this review to warn you and myself, so I don't accidentally test this evil program again!
Once installed this program will completely hide your start menue, your task bar, and all the icons on your desktop.
I don't use glasses, however, I had to use reading glasses just to barely be able to see the newly generated task bar at the top of my screen.
I could NOT find any way to access my icons, my task bar, or my start menu.
I had to pull up my task manager to delete this program, and then after a reboot my desktop was still empty!
I then had to activate my task manager again and initiate my system restore!
Once installed, this program may be workable IF YOU CAN FIGURE IT OUT!
However, this program does NOT uninstall properly and forces a PC to lose its start menu, task bar, and desktop icons EVEN AFTER A HARD UNINSTALL.
The program was NOT in my uninstaller's list of programs.
I WOULD LOVE TO KICK THE ***** OF THOSE BASTARDS WHICH MADE THIS PROGRAM AND THEN PUT IT UP ON CNET!!!
THIS PROGRAM IS EVIL!!!
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content