CNET Editors' review
Software developer 4Team specializes in add-in tools for Microsoft's Office and Outlook suites. Their ShareContacts lets users share and synchronize their all-important contacts folders and subfolders in Outlook, online or offline, without needing a server. You can specify which contacts to share with different individuals or groups, such as clients or project teams. You can customize shared forms and include imported data. Shared folders are automatically updated on each user's computer when you update your data. You can share just what you want with whom, all with a few mouse clicks. ShareContacts is also handy for keeping your laptop and PC or home and work computers in sync; you never know when you'll need important contact information, and keeping things updated protects your critical data if one PC is damaged or stolen.
ShareContacts integrates seamlessly with Outlook's interface and employs busy but legible dialogs for functions. It offers quite a few settings and options but a good Help file as well, not to mention considerable online documentation, and a helpful Wizard makes each process essentially foolproof. Each user needs to have ShareContacts on his computer to take advantage of its automatic folder synchronization, but once you've specified what you want to share and with which groups or individuals you want to share it, it's basically a click-and-forget operation. ShareContacts keeps everyone in the loop, no matter how many loops you set.
ShareContacts is free to try for 14 days and costs $24.95. It works in Windows versions 95 to 7.
Share and sync Outlook contacts on multiple PCs without Exchange server. ShareContacts is a Microsoft Outlook add-in for synchronizing and sharing Outlook contacts. Sync contacts folders, sync address book, sync distribution lists in a few clicks. Synchronize and share Outlook contacts automatically or manually. Share different contact folders with various groups of people, foe example your coworkers, teammates, friends or family. Synchronize your PCs Outlook contact information between your desktop, laptop, netbook and other computers. Subscribe your contacts to receive automatic updates of your contact folders data: each time you update items in your list, all your subscribers will receive them. It is easy to maintain the subscribers list and those access-edit rights. Use filters to exclude private contacts, comments and attachments from sharing. Work offline or online. You can update any item in shared folder offline, connect to the Internet or local network and those items will be synchronized or shared automatically. Resolve synchronization conflicts and duplicates of contacts. Share custom Outlook contacts forms and imported items. Synchronization and sharing between different Microsoft Outlook versions (2010, 2007, 2003, 2002, 2000). Compatible with latest Windows 7 and Outlook 2010. Synchronize contacts between Outlook 2003 at home and Outlook 2007 in the office. No server and no IT specialist is needed to install and use shared calendar software. Free support offered. It is a cost effective solution for business workgroups or family use.
What's new in this version: This release includes support of Windows 8 and Outlook 2013, also several bug fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- Sync Microsoft Outlook folders between PCs and with Google Cale...
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- View and print PowerPoint presentations.
- Create, view, edit and share word, spreadsheet and presentation...
- Share and sync Outlook calendar, contacts, sharing items via em...
- Convert Adobe PDF file to MS Word file format.
- Share and sync Outlook calendar, sharing items via email withou...
- Create, manage, and collaborate with others on presentations.
- Synchronize your Microsoft Office Outlook contacts with your co...
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Synchronize and share Microsoft Outlook Folders without a Serve...
- Synchronize your personal data in Microsoft Outloook with Sony ...
- Share and sync Windows files and folders, synchronize Outlook, ...
- Synchronize events, contacts, and tasks from intranet with your...
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
- Convert Word, RTF, and TXT files into PDF documents.
- Synchronize and collaborate Outlook contacts via LAN or VPN wit...
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Synchronize Palm applications with Palm Desktop and Outlook.
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 3 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-3 of 3
"Installed improperly, may be incompatible with TROGbar."
Version: ShareContacts for Outlook 3.51
Could work for others, just didn't for me.
Could be incompatible with TROGbar, I don't think it installed properly. It did tell me during the install that it might not install properly because it thought Outlook was open. Neither Outlook nor TROG bar were open during installation.
Version: ShareContacts for Outlook 3.51
Now I am successfully synchronizing contacts between my home and work computers.
Do not have any cons.
"Works pretty good!"
Version: ShareContacts for Outlook 3.21
Smooth program and easy to use also compatible with MS Outlook 2010.
Have not found any yet
Quality program, and the price is right!