Serial Cloner is a molecular biology software. It provides tools with an intuitive interface that assists you in DNA cloning, sequence analysis and visualization. Serial Cloner has been developed to provide a light molecular biology software to both Macintosh and Windows users. Serial Cloner reads and write DNA Strider(tm)-compatible files and import and export files in the universal FASTA format (as well as in pDRAW32 format). Powerful graphical display tools and simple interfaces help the analysis and construction steps (adaptor, PCR, Gateway[tm] cloning) in a very intuitive way. Version 1.3 now adds a virtual cutter, a web browser with instant import of NCBI/EMBL entries and a silent restriction map together with other enhancements.
What's new in this version:
- [NEW] Estimates Isoelectric point of protein sequences (DNA and Protein Sequence Window)
- [NEW] MacOSX version now distributed as a signed application (Mountain Lion Gatekeeper compatibility)
- [ADDED] An option in the Preferences to select pK value tables to use for pI estimation
- [ADDED] An option in the Preferences to use the Codon code from Codon Usage tables as a Genetic code used for translation
- [ADDED] An option in the Restriction Map w... See all new features »