CNET Editors' review
The Snipping Tool that comes with most versions of Windows 7 is a perfectly capable -- if basic -- screen capture tool. But there are plenty of copies of Windows out there that can use a third-party screen capture app, and more than a few of them are Windows 7; many users prefer a different screen capture tool, often one that does more than the Snipping Tool, though some are merely different. Screen Capture + Print is a simple tool with a fast and intuitive screen capture process. It can capture the entire screen, whole windows, or rectangular selections, and copies, saves, or prints them, as you like.
Screen Capture + Print is portable freeware, so we extracted and saved the program's executable to a suitable directory and launched it. The PDF-based Help file explains how easy it is to launch the program with Windows, if you want to use Screen Capture + Print as your everyday screen capture tool. When it's open, Screen Capture + Print lives in the system tray, so we also recommend changing the system tray settings to show both the icon and notifications, which makes the icon persistent; you only need to click it to activate the selection tool. Clicking the icon selects the entire screen and grays it out, replacing the cursor with crosshairs. We merely had to place the crosshairs on target to click and drag a rectangular selection. Screen Capture + Print displays the selected area's size in pixels, a helpful touch. Releasing the mouse button copies the selection and produces a small dialog for selecting Clipboard, File, Print, or Cancel. Clicking File saves captured data as a JPEG in the Pictures folder. Right-clicking the tray icon opens Screen Capture + Print's menu, which lists the three main commands with hot key combos and opens the Help file, but it doesn't have any options like changing the destination directory.
Screen Capture + Print is quick and intuitive to use: Click, drag, and save (or print). If you need more, then tools with plenty of extras are available. Most of the time, however, what the app already offers is all we need.
Free screen capture software to capture screen area, full screen or single window. The freeware software supports desktops spanning multiple monitors, transparent windows and transparent screen elements and offers direct print out and save to file of the captured image. In case you would like to deliver this application within your own software, it could be customized with your company name.
What's new in this version: Version 1.15 adds the following improvements:
- Cancel output window with ESC key.
More Products to Consider
- Take screenshots of your desktop, window, or any part of the sc...
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Optimize your images and change their size.
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Capture window, region and scrolling page with a simple way and...
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Capture everything appears in your screen.
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Process your digital photos and create slide shows for sharing.
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Capture a desktop image just in one click.
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- Capture and print out anything on PC screen via hotkeys.
- Capture visual content on your computer screen and save as imag...
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Capture, illustrate and share your viewing experience.e.
- Add professional annotations to images, pictures, and screen ca...
- Capture screen images, scrolling areas, screen action, video, a...
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- Make, edit, and print your screenshots and snapshots.
All versions:3.8 stars
out of 4 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-4 of 4
"Clipboard Doesn't Work"
Version: Screen Capture + Print 1.14
Saves to a file
Just want to copy it to the clipboard and paste image into an email, but this doesn't seem to work.
"Great, Easy to use Screen Shots"
Version: Screen Capture + Print 220.127.116.11
Again Great Product. No install, unzip to a folder,
None that I have found
Put a copy of the .exe in your Start Folder, then it is in the toolbar. 2 clicks of the mouse you have the Screen Shot, many options on where and how you save it.
"Just what I wanted."
Version: Screen Capture + Print 18.104.22.168
Another nice, simple little utility from the producers of "DirectoryListPrint". Again it is stand alone & can simply be deleted if you don't like it, no uninstalling required. I have found no problems/short comings with this FREE program (so far).
Like the "DirectoryListPrint" utility it is un-nervingly simple to use.
"Free product does what it says on the tin"
Version: Screen Capture + Print 22.214.171.124
Prints out any area of your screen. Just click the icon in the quick launch and your mouse arrow turns into a cross which you can outline the area on the screen you want to print (or send to file or clipboard)
You have to extract the compressed files. You have to put it into your quick launch every session(as far as I could work out). It doesnt appear in Revo uninstaller or All Programs. When you want to print out just a small area it enlarges it.
Its free so you cant complain. I was using printscreen 32 before when I had XP but that doesnt work in Vista. That is a better program but this is OK as a simple print screen tool.Simple to use once youve worked out how to put it into your Quick Launch.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content