CNET Editors' review
It's been our experience that even photo-editing programs that don't offer a ton of features can still be quite useful if they're well-designed; there's something to be said for an easy-to-use, professional-looking program. You can get a good idea of the level of professionalism that SView5 offers by trying to access its online user manual; when we did, we landed on a Web page that said "Sorry, no real manual available yet--you want to write one?" No, what we want is a photo editing program that's easy to use, and SView5 isn't it.
The program's interface is a cluttered square of check boxes, drop-down menus, and buttons. The image display pane is surprisingly small, and even though a larger preview display is available, the smaller view must be used when users are actually working with the image. All the basic imaging features seem to be here--users can rotate, crop, and resize images, as well as adjust image color, add special effects, and even edit metadata--but the features are not particularly well-organized, so the program is kind of a pain to use. Anyone with previous image editing experience should be able to figure most of the features out, but actually navigating between the features is not an intuitive process. And the aforementioned missing Help file ensures that if users do have questions about SView5's features, they'll go unanswered. Overall, we were not impressed with SView5 at all.
SView5 comes as a ZIP file. It installs politely but leaves a folder behind upon removal. We do not recommend this program; there are too many better image editors to choose from.
From PerSuaSiVe SoftWorX:
SView5 is an image display, conversion and processing tool based on a rich C or C++ SDK with various capabilities, originally development on Amiga computers and later ported to Windows, Linux and Embedded Systems. The Windows frontend is both, a demonstration of the capabilities of the rich SDK and a standalone tool - based on VC++ 9 and .NET 3.5.
What's new in this version: Version 3.83 has added swedish translation, minor UI changes, and minor textual fixes in program and documentation.
More Products to Consider
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Convert images into PDF format without affecting quality.
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Convert images into different formats and rename them.
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- Convert and resize batches of your images easily.
- Combine batch file conversion with image editing.
- View panoramic pictures in thumbnails, full screen or slide sho...
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Convert multiple graphics file formats at the click of a button...
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Edit and convert photos to common image formats.
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- Convert your images between popular formats in batch mode.
- Optimize your images and change their size.
- Convert image files to text.
- Convert SWF files to FLA format and recover images and texts.
- Process photos start to finish--from download to editing (inc. ...
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-0 of