CNET Editors' review
Store your login data with this time-saving software, though one of its operational modes isn't as secure as you may like. SSO Plus' interface is straightforward and resembles Explorer's easy-to-use layout. During installation you can opt for active mode or passive mode.
Active mode automatically saves and fills in usernames and passwords when you enter them on a site. Passive mode simply records the username and password. With either mode, SSO Plus remembers the Web sites visited and provides quick access to stored sites via the tray icon, a nice time-saving feature. While SSO Plus is password-protected, you won't want to walk away from your system with it running in active mode. Passersby will have full access to your frequented sites via the tray icon and your login information will fill in once the site is launched.
Unlike some applications in this category, you won't be able to create and manage record sets for credit cards and other sensitive information. All in all, this free application is great for active users wanting to save time, though you'll want to keep its security breach in mind when using it.
From PassGo Technologies:
With so many applications and Web sites requiring you to identify yourself, it can become difficult to remember all of their passwords. Now you no longer have to. SSO Plus learns the logon details for each program you run, as you run it. When you next start the program, SSO Plus will automatically enter the required logon details for you. The process of learning the passwords is fully automatic, and secure. You retain control of which programs login details SSO Plus remembers. This means your application and Internet passwords no longer need to be written down, and can remain secure. All information learned by SSO Plus is stored using strong encryption.
Version 220.127.116.11 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Protect your privacy and prevent the recording or stealing sens...
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Manage all automatic logon needs (hospitals, classrooms, HIPAA ...
- Download and exchange files safely, enjoy games and Web surfing...
- Secure your Internet cafe computer with a login and password.
- Record and view every keystroke typed on keyboard.
- Synchronize your Outlook 2000-2010 folders through e-mail.
- Secure your connection to public Wi-Fi networks with premium VP...
- Encrypt, hide, and protect your personal data.
- Fill in passwords and other personal data automatically.
- Keep your business safe when e-mailing or going online.
- Secure and protect your keycodes, passwords, bookmarks, credit ...
- Protect your personal home computer from malware attacks.
- Manage your passwords.
- Detect and remove spyware, malware, rootkits, trojans, hijacker...
- Create password-protected self-extrating archive files.
- Protect your PC against viruses, spyware, Trojans, worms, rootk...
- Hide, lock, and password protect any files.
- Log on in a Windows domain automatically.
All versions:3.8 stars
out of 8 votes
Current version:2.7 stars
out of 3 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-3 of 3
"Really slick. Read the Read-Me about master password!"
Version: SSO Plus 18.104.22.168
It is running in the back ground and captures logon info automatically.
Works for local apps as well as websites.
Well, you need to remember its running, otherwise anyone who sits down at your computer has access to all your passwords. Don't forget to STOP IT.
It automatically sets the initial password to your Windows logon password. It was frustrating trying to figure that out, but now you know.
"Very nice except no USB drive support"
Version: SSO Plus 22.214.171.124
This program is excellent if you only have one computer. Unlike Roboform, it is easy to set this program up to automatically fill in forms without interaction and especially without annoying toolbars or keyboard shortcuts. It also runs as a service which is nice. It isn't cluttered up wtih unnecessary features like address books. It handles multiple identies well, as it prompts you to select which user name you want to use when there is more than one stored. Oh, and did I mention, it's free?
It has trouble with mutli-step logins such as those on bank websites. It also doesn't work at all on some websites and there's no way to force it to store a login. The replace password function doesn't always work well - sometimes it stores both entries even when you tell it to replace. All of that I can deal with but the dealbreaker is the fact that you can't install it on a USB drive. They don't offer a portable version at all, so unfortunately I will have to use Roboform for now.
"Great Program, BUT....."
Version: SSO Plus 126.96.36.199
The program was excellent and very useful for a couple of days. Very easy to use and very convenient.
Then on the third day IE 7 froze and "had to shut down" totally knocking out IE 7 because of an IE ERROR: NTDLL.Dll error. The program installs three ActiveX controls. When I disabled the three controls, IE began to work and the dll error went away. I uninstalled the program. Too bad.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: