From C-Command Software:
SQLite is a C library, written by D. Richard Hipp and others, that implements an embeddable SQL database engine. Programs that link with the SQLite library can have SQL database access without running a separate RDBMS process. The distribution comes with a standalone command-line access program (sqlite) that can be used to administer an SQLite database and which serves as an example of how to use the SQLite library.
SQLite is not a client library used to connect to a big database server. SQLite is the server. The SQLite library reads and writes directly to and from the database files on disk.
SQLite is used by Mac OS X software such as NetNewsWire and SpamSieve.
When you download SQLite and build it on a stock Mac OS X system, the sqlite tool has a very primitive command-line editing facility. This build of sqlite uses the GNU readline library, which provides fancy command-line editing (using, e.g. Emacs key bindings) as well as a command history. Software built using the included libsqlite.a library does not link with readline and thus is not tainted by the GPL.
What's new in this version:
- Fix a bug that can lead to database corruption if there are two open connections to the same database and one connection does a VACUUM and the second makes some change to the database.
- Correctly handle quoted names in CREATE INDEX statements.
- Fix a naming conflict between sqlite.h and sqlite3.h.
- Avoid excess heap usage when copying expressions.
- Other minor bug fixes.
- Official change list<... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Use Flex, Flash, AJAX to build rich Internet apps that deploy t...
- Design, develop, and maintain standards-based websites and appl...
- Create web sites and blogs.
- Updates Java components.
- Mac OS X development environment.
- Edit audio, add audio effects on Mac OS X easily.
- Komodo Edit: Free multi-platform, multi-language editor: Perl, ...
- Y2K fixes for the web publishing software.
- Container controls for Xojo that can be embedded in a window.
- Use undo feature at your daily Xojo tasks.
- Show or hide all hidden files on your mac.
- Host multiple web sites through easy-to-use virtual hosting.
- Date control plugin for Real Studio and Xojo.
- Xojo and REAL Studio plugin that adds error alerts to required ...
- Xojo and Real Studio calendar control plugin.
- Allows you to edit plain text files with many options.
- Benchmarking for databases & drivers.
- Adds TreeView plug-in control for Xojo and Real Studio.
- Manage business database applications.
- Add six multi-precision data types to Xojo.
- Rapidly prototype websites and application interfaces.
- Convert Delicious Library to Palm list format.
- Developer tool to edit SQL & browse databases.
- File & directory compare & merge utility.