CNET Editors' review
Dillobits' SNTP Service is a full-featured Simple Network Time Protocol (SNTP) synchronization application for 32-bit versions of Windows, including XP, Vista, and Server 2008. It can maintain network time synchronization and services for a single Windows PC or a large network from the Administrator's desktop. It includes complete SNTP client/server capabilities and offers many extras for advanced users, such as support for multiple time severs, built-in Denial Of Service attack resistance, and advanced logging.
SNTP Service's main interface is a small and efficient control panel applet that gives the administrator the ability to remotely configure, update, monitor, and troubleshoot SNTP client/server components over enterprise-capacity networks. The program uses a series of pop-up tabbed dialogs for various functions and settings, an efficient design that carries over in its speedy functionality. We selected a computer to manage (local or remote) as well as a SNTP server and a few parameters, clicked OK, and SNTP Service more or less instantaneously synchronized our system. We like that you can use it to track software license compliance throughout the network, lessening the need for expensive third-party tools just to do that one job. For that reason alone, SNTP Service may be worth its modest cost.
SNTP Service is free to try for 30 days and costs $49.95. The developer claims compatibility with 64-bit Windows versions, but when we tried to install it in a 64-bit edition of Windows 7, a pop-up indicated that TF was incompatible with 64-bit Windows operating systems. SNTP Service is well worth a look for compatible systems, though.
From Dillobits Software:
SNTP Service is a synchronization client or server for the more advanced user wishing to maintain network time synchronization and services under 32 bit versions of Windows XP, Server 2003, Vista, and Server 2008. It is an effective tool for the desktop and also includes important features to support deployment in enterprise networks. From a single workstation, the administrator can remotely configure, monitor, troubleshoot, and track licensing of enterprise-wide SNTP Server client and server components. This product incorporates full SNTP client and server function in complete compliance with RFC2030 - Simple Network Time Protocol. It adds tools required in the enterprise and builds on the experience and time tested algorithms developed for YATS32 without carrying forward the legacy features required by a desktop Windows 9X application.
More Products to Consider
- Turn your laptop into a Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Remote control computers via the Internet, take part in online ...
- Share your Internet on your laptop over WiFi.
- Surf anonymously at full broadband speed.
- Find and scan all computers on your network and get easy access...
- Setup a WiFi hotspot or wireless router on your Windows compute...
- Get notified when your servers and PCs stop working.
- Forward data between serial ports and establish communication.
- Perform scans on predefined port ranges.
- Play MPEG-4 movies with AAC sound with latest version of Apple'...
- Monitor and display information associated with each running pr...
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Use pure ARP to detect IP/MAC address, and control/change mac, ...
- Monitor, report, and alert on the availability and performance ...
- Gather, share, re-use & re-purpose information.
- Turn your PC into a mobile hotspot.
- Query and control remote servers or other connected network dev...
- Surf the Web with the latest Microsoft browser for Windows XP o...
- Monitor services, files, Web sites, and databases.
- Count the total bytes received, sent, and bytes sent+received t...
- Create spreadsheets, analyze and share information.
- Extend LAN-like networks securely to distributed teams, mobile ...
- Windows 95 Update.
- Set up a coin operated internet cafe kiosk PC-game timer.