CNET Editors' review
There are lots of different data recovery programs out there. Arcksoft's RecoverPlus Photo Recovery 2.7.7 specializes in recovering digital photos and image files that have been lost or deleted on hard drives, removable media, and digital camera connections, even if the hosting media has been reformatted. It supports over 50 predefined file types, so it will recover data as well as pictures, and its Learning Engine makes it easy to add new file types to recover. It even displays high-resolution images as it works, so you don't waste your time recovering the wrong files.
The program's configurable interface is well-designed and quite attractive, with button controls located on the right-hand side, a welcome break from the usual Windows-type layout. It's an image-heavy front end, with a main display window and thumbnails that display recovered files. The Help button calls up a Web page with all the assistance we could ask for, even a quick guide to the various removable media RecoverPlus works with. Several of the program's unique features caught our eye, including the ability to toggle between Thumbnail and FileList scans and a Test Speed button that measures the storage medium's read speed. It found every image in our tests, even tiny icons.
RecoverPlus Photo Recovery comes in Pro and Lite editions; we tested the Pro version. The free trial download is limited to 64MB saved per scan. It downloads as a ZIP file but works in all versions of Windows from 95 to 7; version 2.7.7 is optimized for Win 7.
RecoverPlus is the easiest way to recover all your lost, deleted and (re)formatted photo's or files on any removable media or digital camera connection. Awards winning RecoverPlus supports all possible kind of files with over 50 predefined file types, data and RAW included. Unique Learning Engine for adding new file types. Hi-res images are made on the fly and displayed while recovering.
More Products to Consider
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Recover your deleted, formatted, or lost digital camera photos.
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Download, edit, manage, save, and share photos.
- Recover your deleted image files.
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- Download a bundle for data and photos recovery from lost partit...
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- Carry out all essential tasks of the photography workflow and d...
- Add frames, borders and filter effects to your digital photos.
- Recover your deleted photos.
- View EXIF, EXIF GPS, and IPTC data of your images.
- Build full-360 images from digital SLR cameras.
- Capture and edit your images with various tools.
- Restore lost photos, audio, and video data files.
- Remove noise from your digital images.
All versions:2.8 stars
out of 5 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Version: RecoverPlus Photo Recovery 2.7.8
It actually worked! Haven't used the backup feature but it's a great idea.
None so far.
This was the second recovery software I tried. The other one wasn't able to locate the photos I was trying to recover. This one had no trouble and actually recovered photos from over a year ago which is amazing since we format the card every time we take photos off it.