CNET Editors' review
There are lots of different data recovery programs out there. Arcksoft's RecoverPlus Photo Recovery 2.7.7 specializes in recovering digital photos and image files that have been lost or deleted on hard drives, removable media, and digital camera connections, even if the hosting media has been reformatted. It supports over 50 predefined file types, so it will recover data as well as pictures, and its Learning Engine makes it easy to add new file types to recover. It even displays high-resolution images as it works, so you don't waste your time recovering the wrong files.
The program's configurable interface is well-designed and quite attractive, with button controls located on the right-hand side, a welcome break from the usual Windows-type layout. It's an image-heavy front end, with a main display window and thumbnails that display recovered files. The Help button calls up a Web page with all the assistance we could ask for, even a quick guide to the various removable media RecoverPlus works with. Several of the program's unique features caught our eye, including the ability to toggle between Thumbnail and FileList scans and a Test Speed button that measures the storage medium's read speed. It found every image in our tests, even tiny icons.
RecoverPlus Photo Recovery comes in Pro and Lite editions; we tested the Pro version. The free trial download is limited to 64MB saved per scan. It downloads as a ZIP file but works in all versions of Windows from 95 to 7; version 2.7.7 is optimized for Win 7.
RecoverPlus is the easiest way to recover all your lost, deleted and (re)formatted photo's or files on any removable media or digital camera connection. Awards winning RecoverPlus supports all possible kind of files with over 50 predefined file types, data and RAW included. Unique Learning Engine for adding new file types. Hi-res images are made on the fly and displayed while recovering.
More Products to Consider
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Recover images deleted from compact flash, secure digital, or m...
- Capture and edit your images with various tools.
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Recover your lost photos and images from hard drives, USB drive...
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- Process photos start to finish--from download to editing (inc. ...
- Share and edit your portraits using sophisticated processing te...
- Program to detect security patches are missing or not.
- View, modify, and manage your image files.
- Identify and close security holes in your network.
- View digital images and manipulate EXIF info.
- Crate memorable slideshows from your photos.
- Carry out all essential tasks of the photography workflow and d...
- Build composite pages of images and text for print, the Web, an...
All versions:2.8 stars
out of 5 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Version: RecoverPlus Photo Recovery 2.7.8
It actually worked! Haven't used the backup feature but it's a great idea.
None so far.
This was the second recovery software I tried. The other one wasn't able to locate the photos I was trying to recover. This one had no trouble and actually recovered photos from over a year ago which is amazing since we format the card every time we take photos off it.