CNET Editors' review
Recipe Manager for Mac represents a basic tool for menu planning and food shopping, but entering in recipes might seem too much of a chore. However, once you enter all your recipes, this tool will be a valuable asset and could eventually save you a lot of time and hassle.
Recipe Manager for Mac requires no installation -- just download and launch. The interface is basic looking, but clean and intuitive. The lack of a Help file didn't slow us down at all, but the method for entering recipes did, as the app required us to type in every recipe by hand. While the cooking directions could be copied and pasted from another source, each ingredient must be entered individually, field by field. For example, if you needed to add two gallons of something, first you type "2" in the Qty field and then select "Gallon" from the measurement field. The ingredient, itself, is entered into another field, though once entered it's added to a drop-down menu. Once everything is entered, Recipe Manager for Mac shines. Click the "Week Drawer" button, and a visual representation of the current week appears. Recipes can be dragged and dropped into each day. Once the week is planned, you can generate a shopping list with all the ingredients and quantities for that week's menu. You can then edit the list, deleting items you may already have in your pantry.
Recipe Manager for Mac's planning features are well implemented, useful for anyone in charge of shopping for and feeding their family. If you have the time and don't mind typing out all your recipes, then this tool could prove quite handy.
More Products to Consider
- Make CD labels, covers, jewel case and DVD case inserts, and so...
- GarageBand 11 turns the Mac into a complete recording studio an...
- Print labels, greeting cards, posters, calendars...
- Manage, update, personalize your TomTom GPS.
- Ebook reader & converter for Mac, iPhone & Kindle.
- BBC Model B emulator.
- Scientific 2D plotting program.
- Amazon-enabled home inventory system for books, movies.
- Read online print media content.
- Prayer times: salaat/namaz, athan (azan) & qibla direction.
- For Sony Ericsson mobile phones.
- Stream videos, photos and music to PS3, Xbox 360, and other sup...
- Writer's studio: outline, edit, storyboard, write.
- Cut truetype fonts with your cricut machine.
- Control how you wake up in the morning with this alarm clock so...
- Recipe, wine note & cooking note organizer.
- Manage recipes, their ingredients and instructions.
- EBook reader for Mac.
- Stay on top of your projects with Prioritizer.
- Extension for System 7.x to run some apps using OS 8 Navigation...
- Visually guides you through the tuning process.
- Simple notes manager.
- Stop motion animation & time-lapse.
- Organize recipes, plan healthy meals and make grocery lists eff...
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Works exactly as promised"
Version: Recipe Manager 1.8.4
This is a nice, simple recipe program.
It allows you to input recipes by category and categorize ingredients easily.
Open the menu drawer to put recipes in by day, then print out weekly menus and shopping lists.
Works consistently, and smoothly.
I would love to see more on importing recipes from elsewhere. But, for free, this is pretty amazing.
I would like to have it autofill ingrediants.
This is a very nice program that works well, and has a clean and simple interface. It's actually much better than I expected for free, and is really easy to use. I love the shopping list especially--it looks great and is easy to use.