Readtime is a news reader app for iPhone and iPad that has a few neat tricks to queue up articles for you. It costs $1.99 from iTunes and installs quickly.
When you launch Readtime it lets you set a specific amount of time and it will then download and queue up the number of articles or features it thinks you can read in that time frame. Once you've read an article, you swipe the screen and the article disappears, with another article appearing. This continues until you run out of time. By timing your reading speed, Readtime can adjust the amount of content it downloads. Readtime also makes content available offline. There's some configuration options such as the ability to choose only short or longer articles, and you can set time increments by the minute or by 5-minute blocks. There's also a dictionary lookup built in to allow you to check words in an article. The interface is clean and simple, and you'll get used to using Readtime after only a couple of minutes.
Readtime worked well in our testing. After using it a few times, the amount of content it downloaded did adjust, although there was always more content available if we wanted to keep reading. Whether you really want to time your news reading is up to you, but if you do, Readtime will serve it up for you.
Readtime is the perfect way to catch up on your reading list.
Set a duration and Readtime intelligently queues up just the right number of articles to fill the remaining time so that you can focus on reading.
When you've finished reading an article, simply swipe to archive it and if there's enough time remaining, Readtime will serve up another.
Once you start using Readtime, you'll be surprised how quickly you get through that pile of articles you've been saving to read later.
- * Automatically synchronizes with ReadabilityÃ???Ã??Ã?Â¢?Ã???Ã??Ã?Â¢ so you can read now or later.
- * Stores articles so that you can even read offline.
- * Intelligently fills the remaining time with articles.
- * Beautiful interface makes reading a delight.
- * Tracks where you are up to in case you are interrupted.
- * Add articles to your favourites.
- * Share links via Twitter or email.
- * Add new links to your reading list for later.
- * Swipe to archive an article and move on to the next.
- * Choose to read only short articles, or articles of any length.
- * Set the duration in 1 or 5 minute increments.
- * Dictionary lookups.
Readtime works with your Readability account, so start saving articles and get reading.
What's new in this version:
Add to Favourites:
- - You can now add articles to your favourites via the star button at the bottom of an article
- - Practice favouriting in the app introduction. Get ready for prime-time.