From Trident Software:
Rapid-Pi is an equation editor for Microsoft Word that provides a faster way to edit math in documents. Rapid-Pi allows you to enter mathematical expressions as easy-to-understand text. For example, you can type (y+2)/x^2 to create a fraction with y + 2 in the numerator and x-squared in the denominator. Rapid-Pi was designed with a single purpose in mind - to save you time when editing mathematical formulas, equations, and expressions in documents. Rapid-Pi is an add-on for your existing word processor application (like Microsoft Word), not a stand-alone program. This means that you will continue to use your favorite word processor, inserting Rapid-Pi equations into your document whenever you need to enter math. Inserting a Rapid-Pi equation is easy - just click on the Rapid-Pi button on Microsoft Word's toolbar.
More Products to Consider
- Look up words in thesaurus and dictionary from almost any progr...
- Hear the Athan (Azan) automatically five times a day at each pr...
- View your real-time physical position on moving Google Map.
- View satellite pictures, maps, terrain, buildings and other glo...
- View, read, and convert EPub e-books.
- Parse and evaluate mathematical expressions.
- Read King James Bible on your PC.
- Save clippings of Web pages, e-mails, and documents.
- Discover how to type and improve your typing.
- Edit physics, math, and chemistry in your MS Word documents eas...
- Find documents on a Web page automatically.
- Learn touch-typing with a program that dynamically adjusts trai...
- Print out the source code of your Visual Basic projects.
- Surf the Web in your own language with this toolbar that suppor...
- Get English and Sinhala definitions with technical terms glossa...
- Get instant access to Web resources devoted to Iceland from you...
- Get an English too Bangla dictionary.
- Know what is going on when you surf the Web and protect your pr...
- Get reminders about prayer time.
- Find and download images, videos, clip art, and stock photos fr...
- Learn touch typing in Hindi and English.
- Search information on the Web using different search engines an...
- Exercise your typing fingers with practice lessons and entertai...
- Display linked pages and search the Web in Composite Page mode.
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 10 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"The best program of its kind! No Competition yet!!"
Version: Rapid-Pi 2.1 Build 1788
Easy syntax. Great Copy paste short cuts of the "image" CTRL+M. No need to learn LateX and similar complicated stuff. Easy paste into other MS products. PDF retains High quality equation image.
The compatibility settings do cause poor image quality, but that is an issue if you are sharing the raw MS word files digitally with non-users. I used a PDF printer (Bullzip) to solve this issue. Also OneNote, retains the images in high quality - if you turn off the computability/portability view.
I have used this through out university BA and MA Economics to make my notes and lectures digital. I used it as the professor taught and copied MS Word output into OneNote for traceable notes attached to an audio file and lecture slides (printed into Onenote from Powerpoint)
In summary, great for note taking, and in some cases PDFs shared with others. Sharing the MS word/power-point files you run into issues.
Suggested use for Class notes/Lecture notes:
Print Powerpoint slides into OneNote, copy paste them into a Column (Dont give up it took me some time to figure out how easy this is from the unfilled notes section). Create a side column for actual notes type as needed. When it is time for equation Open MS word. In MS word open Rapid-PI to write equation, do not close editor, simply CRTL+M to copy the HQ image. In OneNote paste into desired location. It will take some tweaks to get font size to be perfect, but if its not the HQ image is okay to resize. Next time you need equation, simply close the editor in MS word and add another Raid pi -equation next to the previous one. When done save the MS word as the Master file for equations to make future edits and corrections.
Practice and all will be great. Add the use of Paint.NET for diagrams on the fly and you will stun people all the time. I usually had 90% of the notes digitized by the end of the lecture. When equation got out of hand, Paper notes were done and then added back into the right place.