Creates visually stunning morphs and warps with an easy-to-use interface. RE:Flex brings intuitive morphing and warping directly to After Effects! Superior results are achieved using RE:Vision Effects' proprietary and sophisticated technology. RE:Flex is especially easy to learn because it uses After Effects' own drawing and masking tools to direct the warping and morphing; as such, there is no need to learn a whole new user interface. RE:Flex consists of two plugins, RE:Flex Warp and RE:Flex Morph. Features common to both plugins:
- Warping is directed through After Effects mask geometries (splines and polylines), not through a grid of mesh points!
- Geometries need not be closed shapes
- Smooth non-polygonal warping
- Matching geometries do not need to have the same number of control points
- Interactive warping is accomplished through After Effects' interactive preview feature
- 8 and 16 bits per channel support
- Warping is directed using sets of "from" geometries and "to" geometries at each frame
- The amount of warping can be specified and animated
- "Key images" are placed by the user along the timeline
- Morphing occurs by creating a set of geometry on the first key image, then moving the set to corresponding places on each of the successive key images
- Inbetween key images, the user can animate the geometries in order to achieve a non-constant speed of morphing
- Linear cross-dissolving of the warped images inbetween key images completes the morph
- If only one key image is specified, the user can animate a picture into motion using a single set of geometry
What's new in this version:
- Changed the Temporal Smooth mode to give much more temporally coherent results. Previous projects with this feature turned on will have different results with this version (but hopefully much more acceptable results).