Creates visually stunning morphs and warps with an easy-to-use interface. RE:Flex brings intuitive morphing and warping directly to After Effects! Superior results are achieved using RE:Vision Effects' proprietary and sophisticated technology. RE:Flex is especially easy to learn because it uses After Effects' own drawing and masking tools to direct the warping and morphing; as such, there is no need to learn a whole new user interface. RE:Flex consists of two plugins, RE:Flex Warp and RE:Flex Morph. Features common to both plugins:
- Warping is directed through After Effects mask geometries (splines and polylines), not through a grid of mesh points!
- Geometries need not be closed shapes
- Smooth non-polygonal warping
- Matching geometries do not need to have the same number of control points
- Interactive warping is accomplished through After Effects' interactive preview feature
- 8 and 16 bits per channel support
- Warping is directed using sets of "from" geometries and "to" geometries at each frame
- The amount of warping can be specified and animated
- "Key images" are placed by the user along the timeline
- Morphing occurs by creating a set of geometry on the first key image, then moving the set to corresponding places on each of the successive key images
- Inbetween key images, the user can animate the geometries in order to achieve a non-constant speed of morphing
- Linear cross-dissolving of the warped images inbetween key images completes the morph
- If only one key image is specified, the user can animate a picture into motion using a single set of geometry
What's new in this version:
- Adds GPU support.
- Adds a second Auto-align method.
- Adds better handling of image edges when using Auto-Align.