CNET Editors' review
Recording your PC, console, or Flash video games for reviewing your play or sharing with friends just became easier with this application. Limitations on the trial version may put a damper on some of your fun, though.
Quobi Game Recorder opens a compact, stylish interface that lets you choose the type of game to record and watch, edit, and upload the results. The tabbed navigation allows for quick and easy movement around the app's features, and the options and commands are straightforward and simple to master.
In our tests, this application performed satisfactorily, although it responded a bit slowly to the hot key to begin and end recording video game moves. However, once a recording was completed, Quobi quickly opened the file in its built-in viewer and editor. It also responded to our other commands quickly. Editing a recording was a simple matter, and selecting or deleting files was a snap.
On the other hand, some of the trial version's limitations blunted the sharpness of our initial enthusiasm. Quobi limits recorded videos to 30 seconds and 320 x 240 resolution, and it saves only in AVI format. It adds watermarks to all recorded videos and screenshots, and the latter are saved only in bitmap format. Finally, the app's Upload feature is disabled for the demo version. These limits provide just enough tease that serious users will want to purchase the registered version. However, the publishers don't list the app's registration price - so, in the words of those famous Roman merchants, caveat emptor.
From Binary Brothers:
The Quobi game recorder enables users to record their PC, Console and Flash games. Recordings can be compressed in real time and direct stream audio recording is supported on Vista and 7. Quobi has a built-in video and screenshot editor where users can edit their recordings by adjusting the size, frame rate and codecs, as well as applying visual effects such as comic strip, movie, sketch and thermal camera. Share your recording with the global community by uploading your videos to YouTube via the direct upload feature.
What's new in this version: Version 22.214.171.124 adds support for 64 bit versions of Windows
More Products to Consider
- Capture screenshots in high-def games and desktop, show fps and...
- Play the latest continuation of Super Mario 3: Mario Forever.
- Add new cars and new scenery to Vice City.
- Record Flash videos & games while watching or playing them onli...
- Get behind the wheel and own the streets from dusk til dawn.
- Give Tommy Vercetti a new wardrobe with this skin pack.
- Build anything you can imagine with blocks.
- Guide jumping plumber past obstacles to save Mario's true love.
- Turn screen recordings into polished videos that train, teach, ...
- Try both single-player and multiplayer modes in this illicit st...
- Record screen activities and sounds into movie files.
- Fight for humanity against an alien onslaught.
- Record gameplay and screen activities in real-time mode.
- Play 12 solitaire card games on your PC.
- Record your gaming and PC screen activities in real-time condit...
- Optimize your PC and boost your games by one click.
- Play Spider Four Suits and four other spider solitaire card gam...
- Challenge yourself with this Age of Empires sequel.
- Put characters in awkward poses, create your own wheeled vehicl...
- Take a spin around three tracks with three car modes.
- Defeat evil Bowser and his army of small soldiers.
- Play and discover treasures of sea.
- Play a variety of movie files with this versatile freeware play...
- Download YouTube.com videos.
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Great! Better And Cheaper Than Fraps!"
Version: Quobi Game Recorder 2.0.1
It's Grate, organized, records likes Fraps! I recommended this. It works better than Fraps and is cheaper.
Though with the trail version it's size is 320 x 240 ('bout youtube size), of course the 30-second recordings, and the symbol is in the corner of the video.