CNET Editors' review
Recording your PC, console, or Flash video games for reviewing your play or sharing with friends just became easier with this application. Limitations on the trial version may put a damper on some of your fun, though.
Quobi Game Recorder opens a compact, stylish interface that lets you choose the type of game to record and watch, edit, and upload the results. The tabbed navigation allows for quick and easy movement around the app's features, and the options and commands are straightforward and simple to master.
In our tests, this application performed satisfactorily, although it responded a bit slowly to the hot key to begin and end recording video game moves. However, once a recording was completed, Quobi quickly opened the file in its built-in viewer and editor. It also responded to our other commands quickly. Editing a recording was a simple matter, and selecting or deleting files was a snap.
On the other hand, some of the trial version's limitations blunted the sharpness of our initial enthusiasm. Quobi limits recorded videos to 30 seconds and 320 x 240 resolution, and it saves only in AVI format. It adds watermarks to all recorded videos and screenshots, and the latter are saved only in bitmap format. Finally, the app's Upload feature is disabled for the demo version. These limits provide just enough tease that serious users will want to purchase the registered version. However, the publishers don't list the app's registration price - so, in the words of those famous Roman merchants, caveat emptor.
From Binary Brothers:
The Quobi game recorder enables users to record their PC, Console and Flash games. Recordings can be compressed in real time and direct stream audio recording is supported on Vista and 7. Quobi has a built-in video and screenshot editor where users can edit their recordings by adjusting the size, frame rate and codecs, as well as applying visual effects such as comic strip, movie, sketch and thermal camera. Share your recording with the global community by uploading your videos to YouTube via the direct upload feature.
What's new in this version: Version 184.108.40.206 adds support for 64 bit versions of Windows
More Products to Consider
- Add new cars and new scenery to Vice City.
- Record your games and save them as WMV or AVI files.
- Capture screenshots in high-def games and desktop, show fps and...
- Give Tommy Vercetti a new wardrobe.
- Get behind the wheel and own the streets from dusk til dawn.
- Play the latest continuation of Super Mario 3: Mario Forever.
- Record Flash videos & games while watching or playing them onli...
- Try both single-player and multiplayer modes in this illicit st...
- Build anything you can imagine with blocks.
- Update The Sims 3 to v1.6.6.002002.
- Play online shooting hunting outdoors game with tournaments and...
- Place falling marbles into one place.
- Drive your truck across America and build your own business emp...
- Capture pictures and video snapshots of 3D games without losing...
- Challenge yourself with this Age of Empires sequel.
- Test and run DOS based games on a DOSBox graphical environment.
- Capture movies in DirextX or OpenGL applications.
- Play an arcade aviation simulator dedicated to the events of WW...
- Put characters in awkward poses, create your own wheeled vehicl...
- Learn language via spelling and signing games with dictionary.
- Play 450 solitaire versions, from classics like Klondike to his...
- Play GTA:Vice City online or via LAN connection.
- Capture DirectX or OpenGL gameplay, PC screen, Webcam, streamin...
- Play and discover treasures of sea.
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Great! Better And Cheaper Than Fraps!"
Version: Quobi Game Recorder 2.0.1
It's Grate, organized, records likes Fraps! I recommended this. It works better than Fraps and is cheaper.
Though with the trail version it's size is 320 x 240 ('bout youtube size), of course the 30-second recordings, and the symbol is in the corner of the video.