CNET Editors' review
QuizMaker Pro 2009 allows users to create interactive tests in a variety of formats. Although it's not the most intuitive program we've ever used, we liked it quite a bit once we got used to how it works.
The program's interface is clean, but it wasn't immediately obvious to us how we should get started. Fortunately, the program comes with both a built-in Help file and a Word document Quick Start Guide, so it wasn't too difficult for us to figure things out. The program allows users to easily create quizzes with a variety of question types, including multiple choice, matching, and short answer. Users can also add images, audio, and video to the quizzes for identification questions. We created a quiz of our own and also took several of the sample quizzes that come with the program. We found both creating and taking quizzes to be simple and intuitive once we'd gotten used to the way the program works. Users must enter the test-takers' names into the program, and these can be organized by class, allowing instructors to create and save multiple tests for separate classes. The program's Help file contains information about network setup, allowing users to administer tests to entire classes in a computer lab or similar setting. Overall, we found the program to be well-designed and appropriate for test makers who have even basic computer skills.
QuizMaker Pro 2009 has a 30-day trial period. It installs and uninstalls without issues. We recommend this program to all users.
From Class One Software:
A full-featured application in which the user can generate, administer, archive, upload, export, and score tests. Features of the program include: > Up to 10 different types of questions can now be included within a single quiz file. > Un-graded survey questions can now be included within the quiz. > Question types now include Multiple Choice with multiple correct answers and Short Answer with multiple responses required. >Users may include multiple pictures with each question. > Essay questions may be included and graded by the test admin. > The new Practice Mode allows test takers to immediately see the correct answer(s). > Test creators can append a test onto another test. > Test questions can be added to the end of the quiz or inserted between to existing questions. > Test scores can be exported to TSV format for importing into spreadsheet programs. > Quizzes can be uploaded by the test admin. to an internet server via FTP. > Quizzes can be downloaded by any user from the server and are immediately available for testing. > Test creators can set the quiz parameters to have test results forwarded by email. > Administrators can print out multiple version of a quiz with corresponding answer sheets for each version. > Users can format a test for printing within QuizMaker Pro > Exported scores now include the date taken. > Program can be set to use a computer voice to read questions and answers. > Test analysis shown with graphical representation. > Individual score data shown from within the scores screen > Whole test Find/Replace > Quiz explanations show within the test window. > Data files no longer stored in application directory. > An alternate location may be designated for the Quizzes and Pictures... folders > A styling toolbar makes adding text styles easy. > Test creator may assign a point value to every question, thus weighting certain questions. > A Category may be set.
What's new in this version: Version 2013r2:
- New: Expanded Special Characters Palette using unicode 8 codepoints
- New: Improved Importing of questions and answers from a text or rtf file
- New: Now uses the existing field to show long questions in the Match module.
- New: Added a print option to the Compare Classes screen.
- New: About Screen
- New: Answer buttons in the Multiple Choice module
- New: Added a preference to mute all sounds
- Fixed: Improved handling o... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Look up words in thesaurus and dictionary from almost any progr...
- Hear the Athan (Azan) automatically five times a day at each pr...
- View your real-time physical position on moving Google Map.
- View satellite pictures, maps, terrain, buildings and other glo...
- View, read, and convert EPub eBooks.
- Read King James Bible on your PC.
- Discover how to type and improve your typing.
- Collect GPS data from various GPS trackers simultaneously.
- Evaluate mathematical equations, generate graphs from equations...
- Learn touch-typing with a program that dynamically adjusts trai...
- Edit your digital audio files on your Windows PC.
- Manage all aspects of a high school student administrative syst...
- Install new extensions and manage the ones you already have.
- Get English and Sinhala definitions with technical terms glossa...
- Search and read the Quran in different languages.
- Translate words, full texts, Web pages, and complete documents ...
- Get an English too Bangla dictionary.
- Convert Kindle Mobi, AZW, PRC books to ePUB format to read Kind...
- Browse the Web with speed and an elegant interface.
- Write your memories or appointments with ease.
- Display Quran in Uthmani script with many options and settings ...
- Track, report and share information using database solutions.
- Get reminders about prayer time.
- Read and write Chinese characters using a pen tablet.
All versions:2.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: