Python is an interpreted, interactive, object-oriented programming language. It is often compared to Tcl, Perl, Scheme or Java. Python combines remarkable power with very clear syntax. It has modules, classes, exceptions, very high level dynamic data types, and dynamic typing. There are interfaces to many system calls and libraries, as well as to various windowing systems (X11, Motif, Tk, Mac, MFC). New built-in modules are easily written in C or C++. Python is also usable as an extension language for applications that need a programmable interface.The Python implementation is portable: it runs on many brands of UNIX, on Windows, DOS, OS/2, Mac, Amiga. If your favorite system isn't listed here, it may still be supported, if there's a C compiler for it. Ask around on comp.lang.python -- or just try compiling Python yourself.
What's new in this version: Release notes are available at http://www.python.org/download/releases/3.3.2/.
More Products to Consider
- Use Flex, Flash, AJAX to build rich Internet apps that deploy t...
- Updates Java components.
- Create web sites and blogs.
- Design, develop, and maintain standards-based websites and appl...
- Y2K fixes for the web publishing software.
- Edit audio, add audio effects on Mac OS X easily.
- Show or hide all hidden files on your mac.
- Komodo Edit: Free multi-platform, multi-language editor: Perl, ...
- Mac OS X development environment.
- Write your programs with a graphical programming language and d...
- Open-source content management system.
- Text editor for plain text files with many options.
- Manage business database applications.
- Tool for managing MySQL databases.
- Popular HTML & text editor.
- Affinic Debugger Graphical User Interface (GDB) for Mac OS X.
- Web browser geared towards web developers.
- Nurture plants and experiment with rare and valuable species in...
- Xml publisher for QuarkXPress 7.
- Database of Type/Creator codes for most apps.
- Develop your own chain of 10 splendid fully-equipped wellness c...
- Inter-application audio communication.
- Script language for apps supporting OSA languages.
- Save your time with quick installing, removing, upgrading, and ...