CNET Editors' review
PrintStation is designed to assist in the photo-printing process. You can use it to create layouts of single or multiple photos and print them out or save them as image or PDF files.
PrintStation has an attractive and modern interface. The main interface serves as a file browser. You can change the background color to gray or black, which helps you evaluate the color and tone of your photos. The file browser allows for scalable thumbnail viewing of photos that you can select for printing, or you can create new folders and organize files from it. From the Create Layout menu, you can print one full-size image per page, or you can have the program create a layout that will fit several smaller-sized photos on a single page. You can also print photos in a Grid Style Layout, which is handy for creating contact sheets. There are options to print the layouts as image files or as PDFs. You can print your layouts right from this program, or, if you select the PDF option, you can save the layouts for use with other applications. There's a useful Help file, too. This program is very easy to use and can help amateur photographers and hobbyists print photos with ease.
The 15-day trial version of the software puts a watermark on your finished page layouts and has some limited functionality. If you enjoy printing photos with your home printer, PrintStation can help streamline the process. We recommend it to all users.
From Picmeta Systems:
PrintStation is professional photo catalogue software that creates printed albums, index files, and PDF photo documentations. It allows outputting multiple pictures on multiple pages, with custom page layouts, along with header and footer text inclusive automatic macros just at the touch of a button. A page in PrintStation consists of columns, rows and cells. Simply define the number of columns and rows, and the cells are sized accordingly. Pictures are fitted automatically to the cells but can also be enlarged in horizontal or vertical direction. An intelligent algorithm adjusts the picture order so that there will not arise any gaps. PrintStation also integrates a very handy picture browser with a fast viewer inclusive slide show feature, making reviewing and selection of pictures really convenient.
More Products to Consider
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Customize and share your digital photo album.
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Download, edit, manage, save, and share photos.
- Download images from Web sites.
- Sharpen images acquired from different sources.
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- Carry out all essential tasks of the photography workflow and d...
- Optimize your images and change their size.
- Manage and rename multiple images on your hard disk or CDs.
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- Organize your digital photos in virtual collections and albums.
- Convert images into different formats in a batch mode.
- Manage, print, e-mail, and view your photos.
- Create online photo albums or burn slideshow DVDs with you phot...
- Capture and edit your images with various tools.
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 4 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-4 of 4
"Extremely useful program!"
Version: PrintStation 3.60
Very easy to use. I have been using this program for about eight years now and have never found fault with it. The best thing is the unlimited free upgrades, as I have seen the program incorporate several signifigant changes over the years.
none...as of yet
Well worth the investment...check it out. It's great for making contact sheets for photos, but I use it mainly to catalog my vast collection of clip art (it sure beats checking file after file for that one particular picture)
"Not as advertised"
Version: PrintStation 3.51
Does a good job as does all their products. Work well.
Does not honor its warranty of free updates. Purchased in January 2010 and after two updates, have yet to hear from company.
Buy it and it will do the job. Just don't expect and "free upgrades"
I.E. doesn't even answer email.
"Awesome for index prints"
Version: PrintStation 2.52
Excellent for index sheets of photos - complete flexibility with grid size, cell spacing, page and cell labeling. Prints to printer, pdf or image file. Exactly what I needed when I found it, thank goodness!
Version: PrintStation 2.02d
easy to use, saves on photo paper. never had a problem with this program!